TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

electrical problem

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  arrowsmith 
#1 ·
i am riding my bike every day. Put her in the garage last night. Back out this morning, turned on key, neutral light came on. touched the starter button, heard a little "klick", light went out and that was it. Push-started her, no problem. She ran fine, lights were on. Took the battery out and replaced it with the one from my 2009 TW. No problem to start. Do those batteries die from one second to another or do I probably have a different electrical issue?

#2 ·
Same thing happened to me this last weekend on a ride in Missouri. No problems at all then shut off the bike for a 10 minute break then went to start it and i could barely hear the starter relay. Tail/turn lights wouldnt come on until i bump started the bike. I havent looked into it yet, but im bettin on a dead cell in the battery. If not that then a regulator or a short

#5 ·
Also you might pull the connectors on the wireing harness and lube them up with some dilectric grease, by doing this it will help keep moisture out, help with corrosion, make better contact, you can get the stuff at napa, they sell it for trailer wireing connectors.....hope this helps.........there is nothing worse than being out far on the trail than a dead battery or bad/intermitten connector

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.