TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

I'm such an idiot !!

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  00 tw125 nos 
#1 ·
Ok today I added xenon bulb kit in my tw125
Worked brilliantly, went to start it and there was no light on the ignition (the neutral light) and wouldn't start :/
So I went through every connector on the bike. 2 and a half hours later I realised that IT WAS IN GEAR !!!
That's why there was no light. Soo anyways having the bike stripped I tried to wire a led so that it would
Come on when the bike is in gear. So just in case I forget about it again.
Ok, this is what I done !!
Take off the side panel (the one with the tool bag)
Took the white relay (don't no what it's called) found that this clicks when you turn on the ignition.
Got a led and after a bit of testing tapped into two wires
(Will put up colour code soon)
Ran it up to the neutral light and volla !!
No more f##k ups !
So when the bike is in gear and the ignition is on this led will light up
When bike in neutral standard bulb lights.
Hope you can make sense of this !!

See less See more
#4 ·
I can beat that!

Spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't get my TW started after filling up this past Monday.

Yep, took me 5 minutes to remember what the X side of the kill switch means! Duh!

Reactions: Fred
#3 ·
We've all done things like that at one time or another. Just have to laugh about it and of course makes a good story to tell. and yes sparky jan. Did the kickstand thing. I have never had a motorcycle with that safety feature. Took about 5 minutes to figure that out. one time I was riding and bike died. looked down and stick had wedged in to kickstand switch. kicked out stick and started right back up. (good thing cuz was in the boonies by myself)

Reactions: Fred
#5 ·
wanna have a good laugh? go for a ride with a bunch of buddies and when you all stop for a break wait for people to move away then click all the bikes to the stop position. Id be willing to bet most of them all think somethings wrong after a few moments of nothing happening. Its only funny cause we have all done this to our selves.

#6 ·
I am a little confused. Why do you need 2 lights? You already have one that tells you that you're in neutral. When it is not on, you are in gear. :undecided: This is just my opinion. Do as you will. This just seemed too strange for me to not comment on.

#7 ·
Back in the day I sold a CB350 to a fellow and a week later or so he came to me and said it was a piece of XXXX. I asked what was the problem? He just said he had just walked 5mi back to Ft. Bragg were we were stationed. I went with him to pick up the bike and see what was the problem. He had ran the battery down trying to start it, ran out of fuel and didn't know to go to reserve, figured that out and then it wouldn't start. In his frustration he had hit the kill switch on the handlebar trying to kick it over. I still have to grin and shake my head over that one.

#11 ·
Hate to admit this but last fall my wife and I took a road trip in a rented Prius. When I went to rent the car, I picked up the key - went to the car - figured out which button turned the power on and then sat there for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the engine to start.

For those who do not know a Prius moves initially on battery power alone. All you do is push the gas pedal and it moves away - without any engine noise

Duuuhhhh

#12 ·
Last year, my friends and I were going for a ride on our Harleys. Myself and another guy got our bikes started and were waiting for our other friend out in the street. I could see him trying and trying with no results. Finally after 5 minutes or so, I got off my bike and went over to see what was the problem.

He was turning the key and nothing was happening, no dash lights, no start, nada. Looking closer I noticed he had his key in the wheel lock instead of the ignition!! We razzed him all day long!!

#13 ·
My grandmother back in the early 70's had a Jeep Wagoneer that wouldn't start. After all the local mechanics failed to repair the problem, about 4 weeks passed by .She so pissed that she wanted to sell it. While helping her clean to put it up for sale, I noticed the transmission was in "D". She put it in Park and fired it right up. I don't think it was ever spoken about again.

#14 ·
Hey. Have that sorted now
Just wondering what wattage is a standard headlight wattage
I'm running a 55-60w with a 90-100w output
Is this ok for the stator
Previous owner replaced the stator, when he ran into
Problems starting it 3 days before I was due to buying it
Turns out it was the kick stand switch !!
Anyway it got a new stator 126km ago !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.