tw200 kick starter kit
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: tw200 kick starter kit

I found a kick starter kit for my tw200 from bay area yamaha in north bend oregon phone #1-541-756-1278 it works great and looks like all oem parts,they sold it to me for 189.95

Part number on that?
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by yamtw View Post
    I found a kick starter kit for my tw200 from bay area yamaha in north bend oregon phone #1-541-756-1278 it works great and looks like all oem parts,they sold it to me for 189.95

Yes,

I' found…! is this the same salesman ?

By Ebay USA...North Bend, Oregon... But "Buy It Now": 200USD...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Currently my guess is, there is not a part number (official Yamaha). I think some forward thinking Yamaha shop realized they can buy a handfull of parts needed to retrofit the TW. The kit that they assembled piece by piece will have (I assume) the correct kick lever that the official Yamaha kit does not include (arm in official kit is for the XT 225).

PLEASE... when you get these parts, should it be an assemblage of parts this retailer put together, please present it as such. Otherwise, when you are gone from the forum, and this post becomes history, others will continue with stories of the fabled TW Yamaha kit, and end up buy one that has the unusable XT 225 kit arm. Thanks, Gerry
    renny10n likes this.
    Take care my Friend.........

OK, I bought a Kit at Ebay USA...

I would say that the Kit contains...

Then, the placement on one of my TW...

Quote Originally Posted by christddel View Post
    OK, I bought a Kit at Ebay USA...

I would say that the Kit contains...

Then, the placement on one of my TW...

Great to have all these NEWBIES letting us know about the kickstarter kit from Bay Area Yamaha, with telephone number no less........... Today I gave Ron a call at Bay Area Yamaha. Seems Ron has connections in Japan where Yamaha does offer a kit for the TW. He indicated that he also includes some instructions to help a bit with the install. This does seem to be a unique opportunity and suggests that "this kit" will only be available through this particular source. Gerry

Given the price, I would say "jump on this while they are available"

Take care my Friend.........

Excellent resource!

Any foreign market parts can be ordered from Yamaha's North American sources. Finding out about them and getting the part numbers is the tough part since the numbers are not available through the barious catalogues for different markets.

I spoke with them today. It is $200 shipped to anywhere in the United States. They will also be including a digital (cd) copy of the service manual and detailed, dumbed down instructions on how to install it.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    I spoke with them today. It is $200 shipped to anywhere in the United States. They will also be including a digital (cd) copy of the service manual and detailed, dumbed down instructions on how to install it.

I went ahead and picked one of these up. Was going to wait till next oil change to do it, but had some time and didn't want $3 in oil to hold me up.

I"ll say the kit is pretty well laid out, the actual kickstart inner assembly all together, with washers, shims, seals already on the shaft in order of installation, then another gear again with washers/shims zip tied in the order they go on, along with the side cover gasket and misc small stuff.

The pictures aren't real good quality, but good enough to get the job done, and includes step by step instructions. This was my first time driving on a bike pull the cover off and fix something project, normally helping someone else who can remember how it goes back together.

The couple hiccups in mine, ( had to be some) I ran out of main fuel exactly when i came back from warming my bike up before i started the install, scared me for a bit, till i switched to reserve.

Removing the old gasket from the side cover was the worst part of the whole thing, after the install my first kick, the kick lever hung about halfway back up, still no start, even with electric, thats when i changed to reserve, and it fired right up on the electric starter, but made some unusual noise.. thats when it dawned on me, I should have soaked the assembly in oil before i installed it (rookie mistake). After I shut it down, and kicked it again, all was good.

I'll admit i used an impact on the clutch basket nut as in my mind the only other option was to stick a screwdriver in some expensive looking gears to hold the motor while loosening the nut. Its ok though, I'm a feathering the impact wrench expert.

All in all, I'm happy, kinda spendy, for something that should already be there, and my clutch seems to feel better after playing with the discs.

Wow guys so it shows up after all.. if I still had a newer without the kick starter one I would be on this.

Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links