Video test - picasaweb as host
Close

Can Picasaweb be used to host videos?

[media]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fnJEEcaNfJ9qwWxr6wxPhe65zjQgLTMozYXRdQznLZM?feat=d irectlink[/media]

I've never got it to work like youtube embeded, where you see the video, not just a link. I've tried picasa and photobucket free versions. I think there is also a size limit to both free versions of picasa and photobucket which would be used up fairly quickly with video files.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I've never got it to work like youtube embeded, where you see the video, not just a link. I've tried picasa and photobucket free versions. I think there is also a size limit to both free versions of picasa and photobucket which would be used up fairly quickly with video files.

Have you found any other hosting sites for video other than YouTube that will work? Also, what are you using to edit your video clips and to get them to a size where they don't take --forever-- to upload and post?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    Have you found any other hosting sites for video other than YouTube that will work? Also, what are you using to edit your video clips and to get them to a size where they don't take --forever-- to upload and post?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post

The only other site similar to youtube that I'm aware of is "Vimeo", but I don't know anything about it.

After I edit a video, uploading to youtube only takes a minute or two, which I don't think is too long, but here's what I use/do.

After downloading pictures and raw video, I use windows movie maker. I think Mac/Apple computers have something similar.

I do all my editing in windows movie maker. Uploads photo's, video, then drag and drop into Timeline/Storyline. Then you can cut video length, add captions, effects and so on.

For me, this is the longest part because I do it manually, and I don't mind cause I have fun making the movie stuff.

There is an option of "Automovie" where movie maker will anaylize uploaded video and photo's and make a movie for you, but I don't like it.

After making all my edit's, I then "publish" the movie on my computer, then upload to youtube. Youtube has some options, but normally the only thing I do in youtube is add music sometimes.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links