Northern Nevada's Lagomarsino Canyon (another black widow solo ride)
Close

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By evan
  • 1 Post By Adam-n-nevada
  • 1 Post By evan

Thread: Northern Nevada's Lagomarsino Canyon (another black widow solo ride)

Northern Nevada's Lagomarsino Canyon (another black widow solo ride)

After Saturday's fun ride with Fred, Adam and Phil I decided I needed a wide open desert ride before heading home Monday. We talked about a Canyon in these parts where wild mustangs roam and 2000-4000 year old Petroglyphs are on rocks. Beautiful weather like we had Saturday had me wearing a sweatshirt again. After seeing about 20 wild horses I found the tee in the road with the power lines that I read about. Hmmmm, which way? We'll Virginia City is right so lets go left! a few hundred yards and met up with a quad rider and couple in a UTV. Asked them where the Petroglyphs were and they too were looking for them (this was their 3rd try). Ahhhh the pink car I had read about. Take a right and deep water crossing but since quad made it thru I could too. Piece of cake (didn't even get my boots/socks wet Joeband). Bingo! Found it!!! Woo hoo! Had that quad not gone before me I wouldn't have attemped the crossing because you are truly out in the boonies! Checked it out and found dead horse at bottom of ravine. UTV driver took the skull to mount on the back for his UTV. They offered beer, chips/salsa which I of course accepted not wanting to offend the locals. People out riding in Nevada are so nice! a couple of non tw dual sports showed up and then about 8 UTV's with their dogs showed up. Its a party out in the desert! Close to noon I said my goodbyes and headed to Virginia City for lunch. Was not able to find dirt trail right up to V.C but I'll work on that next time. A lot of Harleys in V.C. and they were checking out my TW. I think it would be a hoot to ride into town with a bunch of Tw riders. Any interest on a group ride to this canyon and V.C for lunch on Memorial day weekend? (I'll be in town with GF who will be in bingo blowout).

elime, r80rt, Fred and 7 others like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Awesome!

I'm happy you found it! I totally forgot to offer specifics on how to get there (sorry). It gets a little confusing way back there, but as long as you stick to the most-traveled route, it's not too bad. I really enjoy this ride, despite the roughness of it. Can you believe I got my Subaru Forester back there once? My last time out there was with my girlfriend in mid-fall and we too, stumbled upon the carcass of the horse. It was really sad, although sort of a relief. I actually saw that horse when it was alive during the summer, a few months prior. It kept pretty close to the water crossing area as it was dragging a rear leg and horribly thin. Poor thing...I felt really bad when we first saw each other (me on the tw) and it frantically stammered to a standing position. I contemplated ending it's suffering then with my 9mm, but figured my luck, I would have been caught and turned in for killing a wild horse. I hated to arrive at the decision to let nature take it's course.

Nice work on finding it though - the petroglyphs, that is
    -Adam
    Last edited by Adam-n-nevada; 03-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    Fred likes this.

it was fun finding it. There are lots of trails out there to explore.
    Adam-n-nevada likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If your engine conks out on you in the middle of a water crossing, you'll get your feet wet! Then you can join the U-Boat TW club! At least the water was warm when it happened to me thank goodness.

The other day out on my route recon ride, in the distance I spotted what I thought was some wild horses. I kept getting closer and closer and they didn't run off. They were on each side of the road. As I road through the herd I noticed most had bridles on. So much for wild horses on this trip! I do get to see wild horses quite often and they are neat to see. Never expect them. Really nice country to ride in down yonder. Thanks for sharing your after ride, ride.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

looks real different that out sheet iron rides, and i love the petroglyphs. thanks for sharing
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

UTV's one minute, Harley's the next. That's awesome.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links