Finger Lakes forest, NY trails?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Finger Lakes forest, NY trails?

Finger Lakes forest, NY trails?

Anyone ride in the finger lakes forest? Just browsed google maps and saw that it's only 1.5 hr from me. Looking for dual sport legal forests not too far from Rochester

I doubt you can legally ride there. I found this link, it might be helpful.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Look into the Wayne County MC..they usually have a "Thrills in the Hills" spring ride, beginning of June.. Starts and ends at the Fire station in Atlanta, NY .check out their web site for more info,
    www.waynecountymc.com
    there is also another Dual sportriders club called Skidmarks in the Bath NY area. they do lots of rides around the southern tier.
    Skidmarks Dualsport Riders - Home

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I lived up near Rochester, Hilton, for 12 years and found very few good rides for a TW excursion. Hit the hills down in the Catskills or Adirondacks or shoot straight down in to PA for the best places to explore.

Down here by me I have lots of secondary roads and what we call seasonal use roads that get zero travel or maintenance all winter long. Completely legal to ride on and I can take a long ride on any day hitting lots of good trails scattered between secondary road routes. Get a DeLorme TOPO Gazzeteer map to find the seasonal use roads in various areas throughout the state. The glory of our TWs is they are legal to ride on any state roads and there are thousands of old, unpaved seasonal roads that are completely legal but not suitable for regular cars to travel. You could hop scotch around here for days hitting all the season roads that take you the long way over the mountains to all the small towns scattered throughout this area. Many of these old roads get completely washed out every winter and spring and are a complete blast on a TW. I am not one for trespassing on private lands but when the road says seasonal use then it is state owned and completely open for our pleasure. Almost like they have a big neon sign saying TWs Welcome!

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 04-09-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Singletrack trails still blocked for horseback riding but at least the main trails and a couple of unmaintained seasonal trails were bumpy and fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    Singletrack trails still blocked for horseback riding but at least the main trails and a couple of unmaintained seasonal trails were bumpy and fun
    Ok which bag is that strapped to your tank? Does it fit well? I am still looking for one myself.

Tom

That's an old Marsee made in USA bag. It comes with magnet flaps and a few top straps to connect to handlebar crossbeam. The magnets don't hold the bag down in high winds so i ordered a buckle/strap pair kit from Wolfman Luggage and mounted side straps/buckles on the frame behind the rear of the gas tank and the corresponding buckle on the hand strap of the tank bag. I wish the bag was waterproof. I just carry a plastic grocery bag with cutouts for the straps/buckles to pass through (cheap idea from Advrider.com).

Quote Originally Posted by docjekyll2002 View Post
    That's an old Marsee made in USA bag. It comes with magnet flaps and a few top straps to connect to handlebar crossbeam. The magnets don't hold the bag down in high winds so i ordered a buckle/strap pair kit from Wolfman Luggage and mounted side straps/buckles on the frame behind the rear of the gas tank and the corresponding buckle on the hand strap of the tank bag. I wish the bag was waterproof. I just carry a plastic grocery bag with cutouts for the straps/buckles to pass through (cheap idea from Advrider.com).
    Thank you! Im going to Google that and see if it is still in production. Does the size seem good to you? These factory tanks are just so small.......

Tom

Here are some pics

I believe Nelson Rigg has hi-viz tank bags and saddlebags. I love hi viz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links