Black widow ride Carson City, NV april 26-27.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Black widow ride Carson City, NV april 26-27.

Black widow ride Carson City, NV april 26-27.

GF is doing the bowling thing with friends so I'm tagging along and bringing the TW200 for some riding. Anyone who lives in the Carson city area interested in riding the area or if can't make it at least tell me the best local area's to ride? Coming up Friday the 25th. Would like to ride both 26 and 27th.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Oo! Oo! Oo!

I'm in! There's LOTS over there and in between there and Virginia City. I think I'd suggest the Pine Nut Mtns. A spot called Jumbo Grade is excellent too. This is just North of C.C. to the East of Washoe lake...Virginia City is just above this riding area. If you're curious, you can take a look at a map, look just east of Carson City / Carson Valley. I think they stretch for like 30-40 miles. TONS of trails and bunches and bunches of single track. (I have a fort out there too!)
    -Adam
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Cool! let me know which day (or both) is best for you. Maybe we can get Phil (and his vintage 2stroke bike) and Fred to go too. I'll come better prepared this time....lol.
    Hoot Gibson and Adam-n-nevada like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like fun Evan.Gosh, maybe we should let Adam take the lead on this one and be our guide. That is if it is not stealing your great idea, know you want to share those pictographs you found last time. I will really try to make it, it will be alot warmer than last time and I would like to learn the Pine Nuts.

The Pine Nut Mountains have incredible riding for TWs. Welcome to my home mountain range on the east side.

34.jpg
    Adam-n-nevada likes this.

Maybe you could come join us and show us how its done. The more the merrier.
    Adam-n-nevada likes this.

Pine nut mountain ride it is......Rurindum, Your more the welcome to join us. Last ride was in Fred's backyard and had a blast. I think the Petroglyphs I found last time aren't really that close to pine nut mountains are they? There were in between Sparks and Virginia City. Which day works best for everyone?

I am flexible, either day.

I'm flexible as well on either day. I do think it would be great to have rurlndum come as well; I've not seen the Smith Valley (East) side of the Pine Nuts and would love to. The riding in those Mtns. is nearly infinite! I'm sure Phil is in to go as well. I also have a buddy, not sure if he's active on the forum anymore, that rides an 05' TW, he's located just outside of Virginia City. He just got his top end redone and is breaking her in now. I'll present this to him too!

Yeah, the Petroglyphs are not close, about an hour and a half ride or so away. I'm really up for anything that you plan out Evan. I have the 24th and 25th off, so I'm thinking if we plan for the 26th, I'll camp out Friday night. Again though, I'm up for either day. If you'd like suggestions on staging spots, I can help.
    Last edited by Adam-n-nevada; 04-08-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Maybe you could come join us and show us how its done.
    I could show you how not to do it.
    Adam-n-nevada and Fred like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links