Winter Doldrum 1, SAD (seasonal affective disorder)
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I knew alot of us would not be riding much in the winter, so I saved a ride I took with the family last summer to brighten our winter...so far.

Summer riding on my driveway

Yesterday...same part of driveway

So anyway, here are a few photo's of a ride from this past summer

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I meant (Steep) in some parts. Gosh, sometimes I can't spel to gooder

Loaded up and ready to head home

Wish it was spring so I could go out riding again!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great pictures Admiral, that sure is a big country you live in!!!
    We're in 'Bat Country' now....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

<heh, heh> I gotta ask,

step in bear %^#@ or deer ^&%$ ???
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Yesterday...same part of driveway

Quick! There's still some rideable dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by disenfranchised View Post

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Wish I could get my cattledog (red heeler) to ride on the back of my bike!

Not to highjack your thread but what kind of front tire are you using. I like the looks of the tread.

Nice family, ride safe.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Great pictures Admiral, that sure is a big country you live in!!!

Sly Fox, I feel very fortunate. Heck, and I won't even be able to ride in all the area's of my state!

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    <heh, heh> I gotta ask,

step in bear %^#@ or deer ^&%$ ???

OK, that's kinda funny. I have been within about 25 yards of Mr. Bear with nothing but a camera. I think Mr. Bear should be the one concerned with stepping into "human" *(&^% stuff after our encounter. I had to go change underwear ha ha. Thankfully, Mr. Bear ran off...and then I ran to the truck!

Quote Originally Posted by disenfranchised View Post

You have inspired me to go out and test the "camera mount" again. Will post something soon on that.

Quote Originally Posted by igofar View Post
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Wish I could get my cattledog (red heeler) to ride on the back of my bike!

Not to highjack your thread but what kind of front tire are you using. I like the looks of the tread.

Nice family, ride safe.

Larry

And I can't even get near the TW without Georgie wanting to hop on...even in the shop when I'm not gonna ride. She's funny that way.

My tire is a Bridgestone Trailwing 42. It was a replacement for the stock tire when it kept going flat. To be honest I'm not overly joyed with it. I think it does pretty good on pavement, but only adequate off-road, which is what I ride most of the time. On fairly good logging roads its good, get into something a little more messy and the front wants to wash out. Since I know the tire and my own limitations, I take it easy and I do ok.

On veterans day I went on a ride with roadjanitor on some trails. It was fine on most of it, but on the little bit of snow on parts of the trail, sucked, and I fell once going through a long mud puddle. Front just washed out and I wasn't even going that fast.

Because I ride off road so much, I want my next tire to have more traction. I've thought about siping or grooving the tire, like some of the guys have done, but we'll see.

I think qwerty mentioned in a tire post once something about "death wing" instead of trail wing! Something to be said for that.

I would most likely avoid getting it again, that's my take. Happy riding!

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Sly Fox, I feel very fortunate. Heck, and I won't even be able to ride in all the area's of my state!

OK, that's kinda funny. I have been within about 25 yards of Mr. Bear with nothing but a camera. I think Mr. Bear should be the one concerned with stepping into "human" *(&^% stuff after our encounter. I had to go change underwear ha ha. Thankfully, Mr. Bear ran off...and then I ran to the truck!

You have inspired me to go out and test the "camera mount" again. Will post something soon on that.

And I can't even get near the TW without Georgie wanting to hop on...even in the shop when I'm not gonna ride. She's funny that way.

My tire is a Bridgestone Trailwing 42. It was a replacement for the stock tire when it kept going flat. To be honest I'm not overly joyed with it. I think it does pretty good on pavement, but only adequate off-road, which is what I ride most of the time. On fairly good logging roads its good, get into something a little more messy and the front wants to wash out. Since I know the tire and my own limitations, I take it easy and I do ok.

On veterans day I went on a ride with roadjanitor on some trails. It was fine on most of it, but on the little bit of snow on parts of the trail, sucked, and I fell once going through a long mud puddle. Front just washed out and I wasn't even going that fast.

Because I ride off road so much, I want my next tire to have more traction. I've thought about siping or grooving the tire, like some of the guys have done, but we'll see.

I think qwerty mentioned in a tire post once something about "death wing" instead of trail wing! Something to be said for that.

I would most likely avoid getting it again, that's my take. Happy riding!

Thanks for the heads up on the tire! Keep posting pictures of your DOG! for us dog lovers out there.

And please warn your children not to ride in flip flops and shorts in case they fall. You've got a lovely looking family

and seem blessed that they all ride with you, take care of them.

Ride safe.

Igofar

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing, I love seeing everyone's ride reports from all over the country(and world)! Idaho looks great. Idaho has been on my "move to" states list for quite some time now. Now I'm even more tempted! Anywhere but CA at this point!
    2009 Yamaha TW200

2006 Yamaha FZ6

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Ahh, those were the days, but a distant memory as I look out into the dark, cold (-30 degree F) Arctic night. Thanks for the great pics, I was beginning to wonder where Georgie was until he popped up in one of the later pictures. Neat that he can just jump up on the bike. My pooch loves to ride too, gets excited when ever I start to put the gear on, but she is too small to just get on the TW by herself, however, she can jump onto the lower part of the Vespa w/o any trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links