How many here have this pic?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: How many here have this pic?

How many here have this pic?

colotrip2013 038.JPG Just curious. It's all she would do! No more. And never again. Maybe it was tired after riding from NE Iowa. It's tongue was definately hanging out by here.
    r80rt, B-dub, joeband and 6 others like this.

Congratulations to both you and your TW !

Pikes peak? Been up there once. Me and the kiddo were both having a little balancing issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yepper I had a balancing issue as well. As soon as I got off the bike up top. Strange sensation. Massive elevation change in a short time.

A few more pics from a bit of a ride indeed. Departing very green NE Iowa mid August.colotrip2013 007.JPG

Hmm. Big river. colotrip2013 009.JPG

Fire! colotrip2013 012.JPG
    colotrip2013 014.JPGcolotrip2013 015.JPG
    Night #1.. If I recall it was 415 miles. VERY sore arse. Some Windmill state park/campground in Nebraska. Rather pricey but the shower/sh_tter, 3lbs of burger wrapped in foil, and cold beverage made the long day worthwhile. Needless to say we were in bed early
    sp_cache, Pass Man, B-dub and 1 others like this.

names with those pics?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Breakfast day 2. Notice the high dollar stove/cookoing options. Pre packaged mini gas stove straight from China @ $8.98 delivered. Modified Blue smoothie can/stove @ $2.50 delivered. With the addition of a blue steel camp cup I prepared every meal not taken in town. I highly recommend the China stove as it is still performing nicely with exception of the auto igniter. Same as a gas grill at home. Limited lifespan in most cases. The beer can stove works well aslo but needs zero wind to function well.

colotrip2013 016.JPG
    colotrip2013 021.JPG
    Next stop? Short Incursion here to fulfill the wishes of one of our group with a 20 yer old open container charge still unpaid! Short visit...
    colotrip2013 017.JPG

I am the rider in the genuine IDOT issued HI VIS. FWIW. The outlaw is in black. Johnny Cash style. The gent in red/orange is my buddy Randy. Randy is ex Marine Corp. Easiest travel companion ever! All good. The unmentioned traveler is Rick.

Backing up a bit!colotrip2013 022.JPG

Next stop? Hmmmm. colotrip2013 023.JPG

All good. Lotsa cruising and lotsa sore butts.

From here to C. Springs was without dought the most barren, windy, no mans land of the trip. TW holds 1.8 US Gal. if I recall? At one point we slid into a co-op where I put in 1.68 US Gal's! I had extra fuel onboard just in case ($0.75 water bottles from our local consignment store). I stood at the C.C. only pump asking my group why anyone even ran power lines out this way? The station attendant who had snuck up behind me gave me a unhappy look and stomped off From there to C. Springs was a battle against the wind. TW was held W.O. forever. Even my KLR riding buddy had a tough time with the wind.

Deciding to motel it at arrival included running up and down the 4 lane in search of a room. NO fun on my TDub.... Finally we found a room. Never again. I will go many extra miles to skip that town next time. Tooooo many people.
    Last edited by moresnow; 04-29-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    B-dub likes this.

more to come

The definition of an adventure is when you ask "What am I doing here?" and the confirmation is when you conclude "I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be and wouldn't want to miss it for anything."
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Agreed (on above comments)
    This was my first long distance outing as well as the others. We both laughed and suffered along the way. Some of the suffering was likely due to me leading the pack at a rocking 55-60mph max. A learning experiance was had by all and we will surely be much better prepared this year as a group. Kind of funny but our little ride story has gained some popularity locally and we now will have a couple more attendees this year.

Anyway after a short night in a motel we had a decent breakfast at a Denny's (if I recall). The weather was super nice but a tad cool. Perfect for a ride out to Pike's Peak. Quite a adventure just getting out of town and up the canyon road on the TW. The pace was far faster than I was able to keep up with and I was happy to pull off the main Hwy and let the crazies fly on up the road.

colotrip2013 024.JPGcolotrip2013 025.JPGcolotrip2013 026.JPGcolotrip2013 027.JPGcolotrip2013 028.JPG

We were finally on our way up. What a climb! We stopped at the halfway trinket shop for a break. The funny looks I recieved from the BMW tour group were priceless. HA!

Apparently I have loaded all the pics allowed? Any advice? The site won't load any more pics?
    Last edited by moresnow; 04-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    B-dub likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links