More Black widow/pine nut mountain ride pics
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: More Black widow/pine nut mountain ride pics

More Black widow/pine nut mountain ride pics

Lots of really cool rock formations and old structures. Saw this before getting to creek riding.

Here we are at the start of the ride going thru creek water and very large chunk rocks.

Next we found a deep water hole that we all just had to ride thru! even though there was a way around it.

Not sure if this is Adam or Fred coming back down a steep hill they tried to climb.

Taking a water break and trying to decide left or right to find the cave.

I know, you have already seen Fred's shot of this cave but it was pretty cool complete with firepit inside. Be a cool place to camp.

Taking a break and removing jacket because getting overheated from technical single track trail we found. Very fun trail!

Part of the fun single track we found.

elime, Pass Man and tcepilot like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Whoops. forgot to put in pic of snow in area we were riding. Hands starting getting cold!

elime likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Evan -- How did riding here compare to the trail you rode at Cow Mt.? Tony
    Joemama likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good photos and story. Thanks for filling gaps in story line. My sore muscles remember some of those rocks.

Happy Trails
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

hard to lose fred eh? can you say ORANGE!

i'm curious too how the single track compares with cow mt.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looked like a really fun ride. The terrain looks similiar to the terrain found in portions of where I ride sometimes in the Owyhee Mtns here in Idaho. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Don't know about the Cow Mtn trails but we took Evan's single track some 5.4 miles in, and it looked like trail could go another 5 miles before spitting us out in the next major valley. Medium challenging I would say, difficult areas were never more than 50 ft long, brush never closed in extremely tight, some stretches opened up enough for 3rd gear spurts although most of trail was less than 10 mph. A few technical sidehills, short loose rocky climbs, rocky creek bottoms, difficulties locating trail after washouts and downed trees. But nothing too overwhelming, no make-or-die ledges or tree trunks to climb over. Our goal was to transit from one major drainage into the next, Smith Valley. Can't say we ever really crossed from one watershed into the next. Trail looked like it was always a single track, not just a eroded weathered wagon or jeep trail. We turned around due to lack of time to keep exploring, not due to lack of entertainment. Lots of mule deer tracks and occasional glimpses of jack rabbits and cotton-tails.

Cow mountain trails are way easier then that rock infested single track we were on. I don't really recall me and Josh taking any single track at cow mountain except maybe that one trail which was kinda steep at one point and we didn't think it would be wise to take everyone thru. Like Fred said the single track was challenging but no cliffs or anything that was dangerous. My swollen toes are trying to heal but of course I had to play in my Geezerball league game Tuesday night. Running around the outfield isn't helping them heal! Then I go to a Sacramento Rivercats baseball game last night and tried to catch a foul ball behind the net that was way way up there. Hit me in the left wrist which is now swollen and bruised (I did get the ball but of course gave it to a little kid). Should be loads of fun operating that clutch Saturday.....
    joeband and TW-Brian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Our goal was to transit from one major drainage into the next, Smith Valley. .
    I was home in Smith Valley all day. Next time stop by.

Next time were riding out there we will give u a heads up and stop by or you can join us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links