My Epic Ride 2014.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My Epic Ride 2014.

My Epic Ride 2014.

It has been a few years since the TW200 and I have been on an epic ride. The first journey (2005) I partially dismantled the TW200 and fit it in a Celebrity Station Wagon. Delivered the car to my son at Texas Tech; reassembled the bike and rode from Lubbock to Houston then returned to Tennessee. My second was a ride (2007) to the east coast through DC, Front Royal and down the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway to end-up at a Horizons Unlimited event in North Carolina that is only 120 miles from my home.The third great ride was circling Colorado, extending the ride into Utah and returning along the Front Range to Trinidad, CO in 2009. Three years ago rode 7 states and Ontario, Canada. Wanderlust has struck again…
    Here is the plan. Ride the Dub from Tennessee to Annapolis RoyalNova Scotia, Canada to attend a Horizons Unlimited event.http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/maritimes-2014Trip duration two weeks+ beginning June 28 and arriving back home July 13. The event itself takes place July 4th through the 6th. Possible routes will run through Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick & QuebecCanada. The route up will vary from the return trip. Not likely to retrace same path twice if possible.
    Will be camping the duration of the trip; stealth or otherwise. The otherwise is where members of this forum come in. If you have a backyard to camp in please let me know. Or if you just want to meet up for a coke, coffee or ride along that would be fine too. Plus this will be your chance to inspect the Travel Wing 200 up close as well https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/9153-50-degree-temperatures-%3D-50-000-miles.html
    At this moment he dub is being thoroughly prepped and inspected for the rigors the journey. New rear tire; sprocket seals; sprockets and O-ring chain too http://www.rebelgears.com/ Inspection of cam chain/tensioner (looked OK); check rear and front wheel bearings…ah ha! Two broken rear spokes! True the wheels. Plus a new seat from Pro Cycle http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html
    I’m attending the Turtle Palooza https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/9803-turtlepalooza-2014-a.html which will be a good shakedown run. I’ve attended the two previous gatherings and GapRunr always puts on a great ride. I’m contributing an unused front rack to this event as an added door prize http://www.happy-trail.com/yamaha%20tw200%20-%20front%20rack.aspx
    More information will be added as the departure time nears.
    Dubzha likes this.

Longroof
    When your in Nova Scotia you must do the CabotTrail on your bike. It runs around Cape Breton Island (accessible by bridge). My wife and I drove to Nova Scotia last summer and I trailered my TW200 along just for the Cabot Trail. Amazing scenery. We stopped at every scenic lookout.
    Oh also "Peggy's Cove"
    Oh and the Bay of Fundy
    Enjoy your trip in beautiful Nova Scotia
    Dubzha and Bizz like this.

hey ! you will be about an hours drive from me,1.5by tw .only 15 min. from peturb's last pic of halls harbour. we have a old rail bed trail that goes from annapolis royal to the head of the trail a mile from my home.youre welcome to stay here if you likein some of your trip.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by longroof View Post
    It has been a few years since the TW200 and I have been on an epic ride. The first journey (2005) I partially dismantled the TW200 and fit it in a Celebrity Station Wagon. Delivered the car to my son at Texas Tech; reassembled the bike and rode from Lubbock to Houston then returned to Tennessee. My second was a ride (2007) to the east coast through DC, Front Royal and down the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway to end-up at a Horizons Unlimited event in North Carolina that is only 120 miles from my home.The third great ride was circling Colorado, extending the ride into Utah and returning along the Front Range to Trinidad, CO in 2009. Three years ago rode 7 states and Ontario, Canada. Wanderlust has struck again…
    Here is the plan. Ride the Dub from Tennessee to Annapolis RoyalNova Scotia, Canada to attend a Horizons Unlimited event.http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/maritimes-2014Trip duration two weeks+ beginning June 28 and arriving back home July 13. The event itself takes place July 4th through the 6th. Possible routes will run through Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick & QuebecCanada. The route up will vary from the return trip. Not likely to retrace same path twice if possible.
    Will be camping the duration of the trip; stealth or otherwise. The otherwise is where members of this forum come in. If you have a backyard to camp in please let me know. Or if you just want to meet up for a coke, coffee or ride along that would be fine too. Plus this will be your chance to inspect the Travel Wing 200 up close as well https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/9153-50-degree-temperatures-%3D-50-000-miles.html
    At this moment he dub is being thoroughly prepped and inspected for the rigors the journey. New rear tire; sprocket seals; sprockets and O-ring chain too http://www.rebelgears.com/ Inspection of cam chain/tensioner (looked OK); check rear and front wheel bearings…ah ha! Two broken rear spokes! True the wheels. Plus a new seat from Pro Cycle http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html
    I’m attending the Turtle Palooza https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/9803-turtlepalooza-2014-a.html which will be a good shakedown run. I’ve attended the two previous gatherings and GapRunr always puts on a great ride. I’m contributing an unused front rack to this event as an added door prize http://www.happy-trail.com/yamaha%20tw200%20-%20front%20rack.aspx
    More information will be added as the departure time nears.
    Once you settle on a general route let me know. My family lives and works in the finger lakes lakes region of central NY. We will be camping the days you are traveling and I would love to ride a bit with you. You are also welcome to spend an evening with us at the campground. There are some great scenic roads around the many lakes here and riders make this region a annual trip.

Tom

Thanks for the offers! Yes, the Cabot trail is in the general plan.

Gotta chime in. If you have the chance to meet Gordon. Do so! First off he's a real good guy. Second he has the most farkled out Dub I've ever seen! If his bike does not give you idea's then you where asleep the entire time.

eli
    I second Peggy's Cove, absolutely beautiful. I was there this time last year and wishing I was on the TW the whole time.

Thanks Xracer. I'm up in Ohio this week bicycling the Miami scenic bicycle trail. Then to the air force museum at wright Patterson air base in Dayton. With two friends I grew up with. This is our first bicycle ride together since the 1976. The other few times we've managed to meet up have been motorcycle tours. Having a great time!

I to recommend the Cabot Trail. Cape Breton is,by far, my favourite place here in my home province and the Cabot Trail is best done on two wheels. I try to get up there at least a couple times a year and never tire of it. A lot of people don't realise there is a network of dirt roads (Highland Road system) in the interior of the island that are perfect for exploring with the TW. In fact a group of us plan on spending some time up there camping,fishing and exploring this summer.
    I also have been thinking of attending the Horizons Unlimited event here this summer so I may see you there. If you need a place to stay or help in any way while you are here in NS don't hesitate to contact me. I have a truck, trailer and a fairly well equipped garage.
    One of the entrances to the Highland Road system:

Cape Clear....a must see up there:

You can have fun catching these little guys one after the other in the many ponds and creeks up there. There are bigger fellas in the lakes.

It's pretty hard to get lost up there. The snowmobile association has these signs all over the place.

Heading towards the Wreck Cove exit...one of several entrances/exits.

Enjoy your stay here in Nova Scotia. I may be biased but it really is a great place.
    admiral likes this.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Peterb. Thanks for the great videos. Made me feel like I was up there again. Meat Cove, which is as far north you can travel by road in NS,is a great ride and a great place to camp eh!
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links