Happy Mudders Day....Worst moto ever.
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By Xracer
  • 1 Post By Zack

Thread: Happy Mudders Day....Worst moto ever.

Happy Mudders Day....Worst moto ever.

So when I should have been spending time with my mother, today I was out beating the stuffing out of myself in the Moose range, going from fishhook to buffalo mine rd. Started out not too bad on trails that were kinda iffy for a bike due to ruts and mud and like any idiot I figured it would be easier to keep going than to turn around...So on I went and the mud kept getting wetter and deeper. It was hot out for here so in addition to the mud I kept getting hotter and hotter to the point where I pulled the helmet and collar off. eventually it got to the point where I was dumping the bike about every ten minutes in the mud and it would end up almost upside down in a pool of mud and to tell the truth it actually felt good to fall off the tw into deep mud cause i could rest for a bit and cool off. Id replaced the front sprocket with a 15 and so it was really overgeared as well which didnt help things. Due to the dual sprocket mod, my chain kept coming off about 6 or seven times and id end up trying to submerge my hands in mud and tree roots to try and re seat the chain while my bike stood straight up in the mud. Im removing that stupid dual sprocket once I recover from this ordeal. I now hate that second sprockeet, and have never really used it anyway. There were lots of times when I really felt like leaving the bike and walking out because at that point the bike was a burden rather than a form of transport. Also noteworthy was the fact that tree branches seemed to be bumping into my clutch and slapping me in the face, and lots of stumps and tree roots kept shifting my bike into the wrong gears, and bending my foot brake. At different times I was to the point where I felt the need to swear at this situation I had put myself in...It felt good to do to tell you the truth, but then after I was done screaming and swearing at my fate, there was still more mud ahead of me. Periodically Id come to a stream and just dump loads of cold clear water on myself as I was really overheating . At one point I was hoping the bike would die so I would have an excuse for leaving it there and walking out, but it kept going and kept starting after countless dumps and chain throwings . Worse yet my phone was new and I couldnt make the maps work so as far as I knew this mud was infinite and endless. After every corner you turn you would just see more endless mud and tree roots and water. Also I was riding alot more aggressively so that I would end up pushing less, but resulted in alot of theatrical dismounts which were just inches away from being injurious. Fortunately there was as much mud to fall in as there was to drive through...About the time I was really hating my life in a serious and dark way the mud eased up and I started seeing familiar trails tailing off from murphy road and damn it I have never been so happy to see pavement in my life! I pulled to a stop near the pavement and of course dropped the bike on my foot before I could put my helmet and collar back on. Cruised back home on the pavement at about 30 mph and stopped at a quick stop for a much needed lime drink that I would have paid $100 for. Once I was on the road things smelled better as the odors of scalding swamp muck on the engine, and the smell of burned clutch were blown away by the blowing wind. By the time I got home I felt old and beaten and worn out. I have no fancy video, not a single photo. I have only the memory of my worst day ever on a motorcycle which I desperately want to forget.
    Last edited by Tiny-Wheel-200; 05-12-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Yep, should have spent time with your mother!
    dette likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Yep, should have spent time with your mother!
    Or taken her along.
    TW-Brian likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow that was fun reading that! Glad it wasn't me though haha. One thing to remember though, the difference between an adventure and a disaster, is only your mentality about the situation. I bet the only reason you posted this is because you felt proud of yourself for conquering the trail of endless mud. ;D good job!

Zack
    wbpolk likes this.
    Zack

You are usually so on top of your game TinyWheel, Sorry to hear you can get mud bogged like rest of us mere mortals. Glad you made it without having to get air-lifted out by mosquitos.

I was just about to ask where the video was for this trip!

Let's say you did have a video for this trip, what would have been the soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by wbpolk View Post
    I was just about to ask where the video was for this trip!

Let's say you did have a video for this trip, what would have been the soundtrack?
    I would suggest.

Last edited by Indiana; 05-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Well, on the good side it's probably a few days early for mosquitos and black flies....not much comfort, eh? Reading your post was almost like watching a video. Think about what TW was thinking....and he didn't give up either.

That was definitely an adventure!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Sponosred Links