On the Rippy-X
Close

Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200
  • 4 Post By B-dub

Thread: On the Rippy-X

On the Rippy-X

For my fifth nite in a row I did a blue hour ride out the Rippy-X trail near Palmer Alaska, and did some plumley-Maude trail as well. I decided im not going to waste any more evenings of my life watching tv when there are oodles of trails that I need to ride and country to see. This trail is defined by the rather large cottonwood trees that it runs through and the several lakes it goes by...its mostly ATV width and varies between mildly rocky and hardpan. Finished filming about midnight as usual. Felt awesome to be out in a nice cool breeze, and the blue twilight. Mountain ash trees are blooming along the way so it really sweetens the air. Sometimes it bites to live in alaska for a variety of reasons, when youre out on a nite like this it feels like you have won the lottery of life.

Last edited by Tiny-Wheel-200; 05-31-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    elime, Fred, TW-Brian and 7 others like this.

It says the video is private.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    It says the video is private.
    Fixed it. Its good to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Alaska's Dept. of Tourism should reward you for all the great P.R. you are doing to make us fall in love again with the Land of the Midnight Sun. When if ever do you get a chance to sleep? Once again many thanks for the awesome videos.

For once I'm glad there's nothing worth watching on TV! We're all the beneficiaries. Alaska is so beautiful, and you have the knack/skill to show it off. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I sure appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to make and share these videos with us.
    Wingnut, Fred, Mel and 1 others like this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Glad you guys like the videos. I really enjoy making them, and preserving the memory of each trip. Lots of these trails ive lived nearby my whole life and never bothered to get out on till now. Ive always had 4wheelers and orvs, but since i got my tw and my fatcat, I can say that ive seen oodles more country than I had before.

Between Alaska State Troopers, Ice Road Truckers, and Tiny-Wheel-200, I'm getting to know Alaska fairly well! Thanks for sharing another!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

My wife and I spent a week and a half 20 years ago in a motor home......... Before our dubs... We loved it !!!!!! Oh, nice steady camera work.. You ride better with one arm than I do with two.. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    My wife and I spent a week and a half 20 years ago in a motor home......... Before our dubs... We loved it !!!!!! Oh, nice steady camera work.. You ride better with one arm than I do with two.. OMM.

That Z front end gives it more stability due to the extra rake and fat tire so it facilitates one or no handed riding. Only thing that would make it easier is if it had an automatic clutch like a fatcat.

Sponosred Links