Purches Creek near Willow AK
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200

Thread: Purches Creek near Willow AK

Purches Creek near Willow AK

Last nights ride into purches creek. Gorgeous country, crystal clear streams, water crossings, gorgeous above treeline riding, underwater footage of creeks and beaver impoundments.
    Last edited by Tiny-Wheel-200; 06-08-2014 at 09:19 PM.

I've used the Fred Flintstone chain adjusting tool out on the trail too. Used a stick also. Gotta use what you can find sometimes. The bus carcass reminded me of the book and movie "Into the Wild" with that young man Christopher McCandless. Nice video as usual.
    Fred and Wingnut like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Your vids just keep getting better / better.. To me they are so peaceful to watch.. I like the under water movies.. I see hunters in Alaska get bored and take aim at anything that doesn't move... (o; I wish my wife and I had our dubs 20 years ago when we were up that way......... OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I've used the Fred Flintstone chain adjusting tool out on the trail too. Used a stick also. Gotta use what you can find sometimes. The bus carcass reminded me of the book and movie "Into the Wild" with that young man Christopher McCandless. Nice video as usual.
    I really like the into the wild book and movie, neat stuff. Not uncommon to see old busses out in the sticks up here. Unfortunate that they always get shot up and windows broken out. Thats one of my favorite trails...definitely less fun when its wet and slippery. I have a video of that trip from last year with the stock front. Totally different experience.

Another great production. Looks like some of the water crossings could catch you by surprise. I also enjoyed "Into the Wild" It was a great movie and soundtrack. If he had only explored his surroundings better he may have gotten out of there.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear rack, Jimbo shield, Gmax dual sport helmet

Quote Originally Posted by sp_cache View Post
    Another great production. Looks like some of the water crossings could catch you by surprise. I also enjoyed "Into the Wild" It was a great movie and soundtrack. If he had only explored his surroundings better he may have gotten out of there.
    ITW got alot of press here. A sad and complicated story, which is gone into much detail in the book. Lots of armchair type folks came down on him pretty hard without knowing alot about it. The fact is that alaska has alot of ways to die, and even experienced outdoorsmen have accidents, make mistakes, and have bad luck or a combination of the three. I came fairly close to getting killed this last winter and walked away with 4 broken bones and some ugly soft tissue injuries that kept me off my feet for literally all of february. My own judgement was my worst enemy, dumb luck was my best friend that kept me alive. When you walk out your front door youre quite often a breath away from becoming a newspaper headline, or in that case a book and a movie.
    Fred and TrailTodd like this.

We are so glad you are still with us TinyWheel otherwise we wouldn't have your great videos. Your ice skating vids are a treat to watch too. I can understand why you advocate good safety gear after your accident(s). I hope you are healed up now. Those soft tissue uglies take frustratingly long. I still ache at times after a silly nothing fall in Yosemite 11 months ago.
    I used to think my motto could be " I don't seek adventure, it finds me" but what it really means was that I was just unpreparred.

It always amazes me what those beavers build and how fast they can do it! I don't think 5 guys with shovels could keep up with them! I really liked the underwater shots of that beaver dam....I was hoping he would come swimming up and say hello!

Sponosred Links