Sand Hollow Mishap
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sand Hollow Mishap

Sand Hollow Mishap

On an afternoon ride not to long ago with son's #2 #3. #3's start to the ride wasn't the smoothest. He finished the day, but what is unknown, is how long it will take his shoulder to stop hurting. The rest of the ride was uneventful...thankfully!
    Admiral (dad) TW200
    Son #2 KTM450EXC
    Son #3 KX250F

All smiles, saddled up and ready to ride

Ruh Roh!!!!

Survived! Though he has a pretty sore right shoulder.

The rest of the ride was some fun up's and down's with me eating a bunch of KTM and Kawasaki dust. Hey, I'm old and don't
    ride as fast as they do!

Take Care
    B-dub, elime, Hoot Gibson and 5 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Whenever you mention Sand Hollow it gets my attention, because there is a Sand Hollow just a few miles from me also. It's always a bonus to get to ride with your sons! The reason they ride faster is because they heal up quicker ; I hope he's OK. Thanks for the video and pics, I enjoyed them.
    Mel likes this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

TW200
    KTM450EXC
    KX250F

Given the above choices I would take the bike with a license plate!

As for the tumble, I bet I could do that though I may not survive as well, if at all.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Whenever you mention Sand Hollow it gets my attention, because there is a Sand Hollow just a few miles from me also. It's always a bonus to get to ride with your sons! The reason they ride faster is because they heal up quicker ; I hope he's OK. Thanks for the video and pics, I enjoyed them.
    I border 2 counties, since the area is called Sand Hollow, both counties decided they needed to name different roads in each county "Sand Hollow". There is also a "Hollow" road in the mix too. Can get very confusing when giving directions!

#3 has X-Rays on Friday
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    TW200
    KTM450EXC
    KX250F

As for the tumble, I bet I could do that though I may not survive as well, if at all.
    Me too

Hope your son is O.K. I was going to tease you about making a family Christmas Card of his crash but instead shall wish him a speedy recovery.

Fred,

Christmas Card, great idea. He might not appreciate it right now though. Giggle

Here's the backstory: #3 was mentioning to me and #2 not to be a bunch of "Sally Boys". We took that to mean ride fast or get out of the way you bunch of slow weak girly men. Of course #2 told him to go pound sand, while I just mentioned that I was old and gonna go slow no matter what. That's what I do!

Then the crash. There was a series of "oh crap" "no, he's ok" "oh crap" "why is he holding his arm" moments.

In the video, you can see I ran right over and was relieved to see him stand up right away. Then we asked if he was ok. He said yes, so #2 and I started laughing. Normal reaction no? I do believe I remember #2 mumbling something about him being a "Sally Boy". Guess that comment came back to bite him.

We rested there for about 15 minutes and asked him if he was ok again or should we go back home. He said he was alright. So on we went. We rode the next couple of hours without incident.

Upon returning home, we noticed he was holding his arm still, and obviously in pain. Then he asked us to load up the bike for him. At that point we realized he hadn't told us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. He had infact hurt his shoulder.

Next day I learned he called in sick to work cause his shoulder was so sore. I told him to seek medical attention asap, but he thinks he's tuff. So, yesterday I finally convinced him to see a doc and at least get an x-ray to rule out anything bad. Appointment on friday, so we'll see.

He did ask me to email him the photo's, so I guess he's not on his death bed!

Now that I think on it more, yeah, he's getting a X-Mas card!

Mel
    It is surprising how some of those moments can become such memorial moments. A smart remark, the flash of an expression, a reaction, you never know what it will be. Somehow we come to cherish those times with and of our children and friends. God bless you Admiral that you can ride with your boys and enjoy them. Life is short, play often.
    Mel
    Fred likes this.

Awesome wipe out! Glad he's mostly OK.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Awesome wipe out! Glad he's mostly OK.
    +1, sucks he has to wait until Friday for the x-rays... No hospital around?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links