Father's Day Weekend Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Father's Day Weekend Ride

Father's Day Weekend Ride

Weekend camp and ride at French Creek CG near Cascade, Idaho. Being fathers day weekend, we had some tag along family members . One of my son's, my three daughter's, and one of my grandson's accompanied my wife and I.

We only rode on Saturday and don't let the sun fool you, it was really chilly, especially when we hit the higher elevations. This past Thursday it hit 90 something degree's.

My wife all smiles before the clouds moved in and we hit the cold(er) temps higher up

Shortly after we started we got some good views of Cascade Reservoir on our way up (reservoir dam is in the distance)

Another stop is on a side road at one of the three geocaches we stopped at today

This is where we parked here while looking for the cache. (Son and wife). Wife all bundled up. Even wearing some of my gear to stay warm

Most of the day was overcast. Luckily, it didn't rain...or snow!

On the main road up we started seeing some left winter stuff. We started to wonder if we were gonna make it to the top of the ridge.

I guess this is kind of a pass, though not listed as such. This place is called 4 corners. Looked like the old 4 Corner sign I had seen on google earth had been cut down

Surprised some snow from the drifts we had to ride through was still on the TW when we got to 4 Corners

We attempted to ride south on the ridge on an old sheep trail called the Van Wyck Sheep Trail. We dodged some snow, but got
    stopped for good about a 1/2 mile from 4 Corners. We could have ridden around it, but didn't want to tear up the ground, so we just turned around.

We really were chilly at this point

Fortunatelly, back at 4 Corners there is a snowmobile warming hut. Pretty nice I must admit. We didn't start a fire to warm up, but we could have

We did spend a little time inside

Plaque inside the hut

After a little warm up, back on the road

Lots of Forest Service signs to help you navigate...if you have a map or know where these places are!

By late afternoon the sun finally came back out. I think my son is thanking the big guy for this. And my wife is smiling again.

Stopped for the second geocache on the day

We rode a big loop on the west side of the ridge on different forest service roads. Time to head back.

And we come to our last geocache on the day after we passed back through 4 Corners. A small micro log only cache

I didn't have a pen to log our visit, so I took a picture to prove it. Giggle

to be continued
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

We had great views of Cascade Reservoir from this cache

Parked here for the cache, you can see one of the snow drifts we had to ride through both ways on the ride today

On a side trail we saw a sign that said bridge out. Sure enough, the bridge is out. We did see a go around just downstream, but we decided to keep heading back to camp as it was getting late.

Oh, and a little pond near the washed out bridge

That's about it. Got back to camp, had supper and while the kids sat out by the fire, me and wife totally exhausted go to bed.
    Hope you enjoyed.

littletommy, B-dub, Mel and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks for sharing your Father's Day weekend with us.

Look's like it's Father's Day about every weekend out your way. You're all the time riding in the most fantastic locations. Your good-looking wife and family, apparently, like to too. Man, you've got it made!

BTW, I was going to ask what the periscope on your fuel tank was for, but I think I got a glimpse of a video camera sitting atop in one photo.

You lucky dog.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I did, thanks! Looks like you had a good time in spite of the cool temps. Thanks for the beautiful pics. How's #3?
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Mel
    Always great pictures to look at Admiral. Tell you son, that, Holister, California sweatshirt wasn't make for snow banks, it doesn't know what cold and snow is all about. No wonder he got cold.
    Mel

Great pix!!
    admiral likes this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldad View Post
    Thanks for sharing your Father's Day weekend with us.

Look's like it's Father's Day about every weekend out your way. You're all the time riding in the most fantastic locations. Your good-looking wife and family, apparently, like to too. Man, you've got it made!

BTW, I was going to ask what the periscope on your fuel tank was for, but I think I got a glimpse of a video camera sitting atop in one photo.

You lucky dog.
    Yep, the periscope is my camera mount. Got the idea from B-dub. Thought I had some great video footage too. Going through the snow drifts, digging out the atv from the snow, the Van Wyck Sheep Trail etc. Got home and nothing on the disk. Don't know if it's a camera or disk problem. Good thing I took picture's!

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    I did, thanks! Looks like you had a good time in spite of the cool temps. Thanks for the beautiful pics. How's #3?
    Pretty sure torn rotator cuff. Suppose to have MRI. I had a torn rotator many years ago. Nothing they could do for it, but to let it heal on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Always great pictures to look at Admiral. Tell you son, that, Holister, California sweatshirt wasn't make for snow banks, it doesn't know what cold and snow is all about. No wonder he got cold.
    Mel
    Giggle. I'll have to mention he needs to swap the sweatshirt out for some Alaska or Minnesota sweatshirt in the future!
    Mel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Great pix!!
    Thanks. Good thing I took so many since the video didn't turn out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links