Saturday Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Saturday Ride

Saturday Ride

Another great Saturday in the fingerlakes region of NY, 88 degrees and sun mixed with clouds, and best of all, no rain. Did a little exploring close to home, about 62 miles total.

swamp.JPG
    Last edited by scotti158; 06-28-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    ZDR1, B-dub, KingVolcano and 2 others like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

You got that right, beautiful day here in Wisconsin too.

009.jpg

Went for a ride through Waushara county this afternoon. This is a pic from the top of Mount Morris hills park.

Ended up putting 148 miles on the bike today, and man my butt was sore when I got home, but I had a great time.
    B-dub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingman View Post
    You got that right, beautiful day here in Wisconsin too.

Ended up putting 148 miles on the bike today, and man my butt was sore when I got home, but I had a great time.
    My butt is rated for 100 miles, thinking about getting an aftermarket one to extend my riding range.
    B-dub and Fred like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I did around 80 yesterday. I tired to find seasonal roads and take them but most of it was dirt roads. Just enjoying the day.

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Another great Saturday in the fingerlakes region of NY, 88 degrees and sun mixed with clouds, and best of all, no rain. Did a little exploring close to home, about 62 miles total.

swamp.JPG
    Nice Scottie! 62 miles can be done in a little over an hour but with a TW and nice country and good weather I much prefer the 62 miles take all day. We missed about 40 miles of nice seasonal roads on the NE rally ride because we ran out of time and it is just as much fun if you turn around and ride the same trails from the opposite direction.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

"Seasonal Road"....this is a new term for me, what does it mean? How is it different from "trail" or " dirt road" mentioned in same post? Out west we have a few seasonal gated closures on primitive roads on public lands but no special names I am aware of. -thanks, I try to learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "Seasonal Road"....this is a new term for me, what does it mean? How is it different from "trail" or " dirt road" mentioned in same post? Out west we have a few seasonal gated closures on primitive roads on public lands but no special names I am aware of. -thanks, I try to learn something new every day.
    Seasonal use roads are town or county owned and fully legal to ride any registered vehicle on. These roads get no maintenance in the winter and very little in the summer, IE; they remove fallen trees and might dump a load of shale in any wash outs. I have about 6 different seasonal roads that only bikes and 4 wheel drive vehicles can get through and some are 10 to 12 miles long and simply cut through from one paved road to another. Mostly old logging or stage coach paths that are short cuts but take twice as long to get through because of slow travel. None are paved, just hard packed gravel or grass. It is illegal to ride unregistered dirt bikes or ATvs on these roads but any legal vehicle is allowed.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Another thing I've noticed in NY is that some roads will say "Dead End" but if you get to the "End" it turns into an old trail that can go for miles.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Another thing I've noticed in NY is that some roads will say "Dead End" but if you get to the "End" it turns into an old trail that can go for miles.
    I label those Renegade Roads. Probably not owned by the state or town so there is no clear right of way. Down here they are usually posted on both sides but there is no way to know who owns the path you are on. Same with the big power lines that cut through my county and go all the way to NY City. The power company owns some of the land outright and just bought the right of way in other places. You can't get permission but the power company never bothers you if you ride it. Land owners who just sold the right of way to the company but still own the land get real hinky about us riding on their lands. Renegade and just don't stop to get caught.

GaryL

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Renegade and just don't stop to get caught.

GaryL
    This!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links