Longroof sighting in upstate NY!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Longroof sighting in upstate NY!

Longroof sighting in upstate NY!

Tonight I had the honor of meeting up with "longroof" on his epic tour of the North East and beyond. What an accomplishment to log 50,000 miles on a TW. I was really excited to actually meet a fellow forum member and I was not disappointed his bike is pure utilitarian. Anyway I wish we could have spent more time together riding and trading stories but he will always be welcome in my neck of the woods.

Rubber side down.

Tom

Who's longroof? Sounds pretty cool.
    Last edited by TheRedRider; 06-30-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    "keep it punched"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedRider View Post
    Who's longroof? Sounds pretty cool.

The gentleman in the picture is "Longroof"

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Gordon needs to write a book on his many travels aboard a Dub. As I've said before if you have a chance to meet him do so. The fact that He's been nice enough to call me on his progress has got me to thinking about about some T.W. tripping of my own.

I think longroof has been a forum member since 2007 from back in the old forum days.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Too bad he is not updating his ride thread so we can follow him. Turborob and his wife Kath will be here in NY on July 4 to begin their US tour from east to west.

These TW Wanderers should try to meet up at some point as they have a lot in common.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Too bad he is not updating his ride thread so we can follow him. Turborob and his wife Kath will be here in NY on July 4 to begin their US tour from east to west.

These TW Wanderers should try to meet up at some point as they have a lot in common.

GaryL
    I should have been more informative in my post. He will be doing a ride report once he gets back. He does not want to post without pictures and is still working on uploading pictures inside his posts. I am beginning to think Tapatalk is the best solution for cell pics but he is using a dslr so a bit of fiddling is required.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    I should have been more informative in my post. He will be doing a ride report once he gets back. He does not want to post without pictures and is still working on uploading pictures inside his posts. I am beginning to think Tapatalk is the best solution for cell pics but he is using a dslr so a bit of fiddling is required.

Tom
    Understand that but he is blowing right past other members and missing some of the best parts of these adventures. Guess I will have to leave it that he prefers to be a loaner in his travels.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Understand that but he is blowing right past other members and missing some of the best parts of these adventures. Guess I will have to leave it that he prefers to be a loaner in his travels.

GaryL
    Not necessarily. I've taken long trips before and while the offer to meet up with other members is often appreciated, keep in mind that you are asking someone who is on vacation and taking a relaxing trip with no deadlines or dates, to suddenly commit to meeting up with someone who is working, at a predetermined time and place. It's a lot harder to 'wander' if you have to adhere to a schedule.
    B-dub likes this.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    Not necessarily. I've taken long trips before and while the offer to meet up with other members is often appreciated, keep in mind that you are asking someone who is on vacation and taking a relaxing trip with no deadlines or dates, to suddenly commit to meeting up with someone who is working, at a predetermined time and place. It's a lot harder to 'wander' if you have to adhere to a schedule.
    I totally agree with GapRunr on this one Gary. I did not get the impression at all that he preffered to be alone. I was however a great example of the sacrifices made both by him and myself to facilitate a meet between two members. Long story short he lost an honest hour or more waiting in my home town for me to get out of work and to him. Those were actually ideal circumstances as far as my job is concerned since it was a regular work day for me and I was on call all night. Not all those who wander are lost

Tom
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links