Like Tree23Likes
  • 10 Post By dette
  • 8 Post By dette
  • 1 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 1 Post By dette
  • 3 Post By stephenmarklay

Thread: Touratech Rally 2014

Touratech Rally 2014

Took little-t to the Touratech Rally in Plain, WA this past weekend and thought I would share a few pics of our trip.

The rally was a combined affair, Touratech and Overland so lots to see. I was told that there were approx. 350 motorcycles. Mostly BMW's and KTM's but I did see one other TW.... on the back of a van over in the Overland area. I inquired as to who was riding it and the guy said it's his wife's. I asked if they were on the forum but he had never heard of it, I was really hoping it belonged to one of you guys. I don't think it was ever taken off the back of the van.

There were a lot of rides that could be ridden in guided groups or on your own. They rated the rides as "Easy", "Intermediate" and "Difficult" and had maps available with the mileage and approximate time it would take to do the ride. Everynight, there was free beer, a campfire and items tossed out to the crowd and raffled.

Yesterday coming home, we rode 275 miles and part of it as you will see was on a National Forest road where we rode in all kinds of weather, eventually encountering snow for a short distance covering the road. We made it through which made the route worth the trouble. Spectacular scenery, I will have to go back to that road when the weather is nicer and do a bit of exploring.

It was a four day weekend and little-t and I rode 469 miles total....great fun

024.JPG025.JPG053.JPG102.JPG141.JPG

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Nice Dette! Way to represent.
    littletommy likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice! Your a rock star.

I actually saw you. I was on my F800gs. I stayed up the road at lack Wenatchee or I would have come over for a visit. What rides did you go on?
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Awesome report...I hope you got to meet the Adventure Trio (Terry, Sandy and Jack Borden : Jupiter's Travellers : Adventure Trio) family, Terry, Sandy & Jack and hear their story.
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Very nice, that's what it's all about! Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the great pics and report!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    Nice! Your a rock star.

I actually saw you. I was on my F800gs. I stayed up the road at lack Wenatchee or I would have come over for a visit. What rides did you go on?
    I went with the "Dirty Girls", Friday morning but after that, I rode with my friends who are, like you, BMW 800 GS riders. We rode into Leavenworth for brunch on Saturday, Chumstick Highway then out to the White River run. We cruised through the Lake Wenatchee State Park, is that where you were staying? Did you see us? We kind of rambled around the area, my friend wasn't comfortable doing off-road group rides, she is new to riding off-road and still getting used to her GS.

089.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple People Eater View Post
    Awesome report...I hope you got to meet the Adventure Trio (Terry, Sandy and Jack Borden : Jupiter's Travellers : Adventure Trio) family, Terry, Sandy & Jack and hear their story.
    Funny you should mention them, they were my camp neighbors...I could hear every snore....lol
    Seriously, they are very nice folks but, they probably wish our tents weren't so close to each other.

I just added a photo I have of Sandy's motorcycle with a food preparation surface that seems to be very useful. I saw her using it to prepare all their meals and it was a big hit so I am certain we are going to see people adding something similar to their bikes.
    Last edited by dette; 07-01-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Add photo

ADV pulse a great adventure website was at the rally and they just posted some pictures online. I was in one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy, admiral and Wingnut like this.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Sponosred Links