I Passed TWO Harleys with my TW. 7-5-'14
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I Passed TWO Harleys with my TW. 7-5-'14

I Passed TWO Harleys with my TW. 7-5-'14

Actually I bought a new editing program -- Adobe Premiere Elements 11 (1/4 the price of the latest, Elements 12) -- and wanted to try it out.

With "Windows Live Movie Maker" I would have banged this out in about 5 minutes but using a new program with many more bells and whistles it took me closer to 3 hours. I better get quicker with Premiere or it is back to Movie Maker. Premiere is suppose to have stabilization..............this is the first time YouTube didn't ask me if I want to try their stabilization program so maybe it does work.

Enjoy!

Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sweet bro.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

What was it Mattie Ross said in True Grit? "Loaded down with fat men and iron". That's what those Harleys made me think of. Awesome.
    God willin' and the creek don't rise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Let's hear it for the TW! Passing 2 hogs that had at least 5X the engine displacement of the TW!!

And I loved the mighty T-dub horn blast you gave as you passed. Got to be careful you don't scare them off the side of the road with that.

(I agree with you on Adobe Premiere Elements. I have an older copy that I try to use every once in a while. I always give up and end up going back to Windows Movie Maker).

I have seen this video before and would like to declare it as "States Evidence number 1" for the following violations listed below. I suggest you take the evidence, turn yourself in and throw yourself at the mercy of the courts.

1) Passing on double yellow (1st bike)
    2) Passing on double yellow (2nd bike)
    3) Speeding past bike #1
    4) Speeding past bike #2
    5) Flagrant misuse of horn
    6) Following too close
    7) Not counting possible recklessness

TW-Brian, KingVolcano and joeband like this.
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

Looked like a fun twisty road. The video was great, thanks for taking us along for the ride!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I love roads like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 50short View Post
    "Loaded down with fat men and iron".
    Haha

It made me think "it's more fun to ride an inexpensive bike fast than an expensive bike slow."

Neat!

Curious, I have used movie maker some, but from my experience, once I completed the movie and uploaded to the tube, the best video quality I can get is 480p, not 720p as the original. Did you have the same experience with movie maker or am I missing something in the making/transfering/uploading process?

Most of the time I upload and edit "in" youtube and it is very cumbersome with many limitations from what movie maker has. But I can maintain 720p. which is my camera's highest.

I see with your new editing software, you were able to maintain 1080p. If this adobe primere elements 11 has video stabilization, I may very well purchase something over all the free stuff I've tried. In my opinion, youtube stabilization ruins my video's so I go the shaky shaky route with it.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Neat!

Curious, I have used movie maker some, but from my experience, once I completed the movie and uploaded to the tube, the best video quality I can get is 480p, not 720p as the original. Did you have the same experience with movie maker or am I missing something in the making/transfering/uploading process?

Most of the time I upload and edit "in" youtube and it is very cumbersome with many limitations from what movie maker has. But I can maintain 720p. which is my camera's highest.

I see with your new editing software, you were able to maintain 1080p. If this adobe primere elements 11 has video stabilization, I may very well purchase something over all the free stuff I've tried. In my opinion, youtube stabilization ruins my video's so I go the shaky shaky route with it.
    With Movie Maker when I click on "Save Movie" it gives me some choices one of which is "Recommended for this Project" and that saves in 1280 X 720. If you put the arrow over the different choices and wait, "For email", "For Computer", " For DVD", ect., a little window opens and it will tell you what the display size is.

Things are a little more complicated with Premiere Elements 11 in that there are more choices and it takes time to learn them and in my case, re learn them the second time. By the third time I do get it. As for the 1080p, that is one of the choices to save the film clip. I choose : MPEG; HDTV 29.97 fps @ 1080p. (fps=frames/sec). My camera is a 720p so I have no idea what is happening. I save it to my desk top and then load YouTube from there and you see what happens. When I save it to the desk top Windows Media Player can play it, not the case when I tried other formats, but at least then I know it will work on YouTube.

As for stabilization, I haven't found a button that says that but there is a "render" button that is supposed to smooth things out. Honestly I can't say it does much but it sure takes its time doing it. A 1 minute clip can take up to 4 or 5 minutes to "render" the first time, but when rendered a second time it goes very quickly.

My computer works better with Premiere. With Movie Maker things get very jerky. My first minute and a half video with Premiere took over 3 hours but by the forth video it is down to less than half an hour -- all a matter of learning the program.

I bought Premiere Elements 11 combined with Photoshop Elements 11 for $70 on ebay. Same guy has Premiere Elements 11 alone for $40, price includes S&H. Or get the latest and greatest, Elements 12 for 2 or 3 times the price.

I hope this helps. Tony
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Thanks Tony. I'll have a look see for the menu options on the "save movie" in movie maker. Keep us (me) updated with Premiere as you gain more expereince with it. Heck, took me hours to figure out movie maker and it's suppose to be simple.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links