Close

Like Tree15Likes
  • 10 Post By evan
  • 1 Post By Xracer
  • 2 Post By fielding
  • 1 Post By evan

Thread: Riding with Harleys....

Riding with Harleys....

Went camping for 4th july weekend on coast near Point Reyes, CA. Brought the black widow and was thinking I would be the only one with motorcycle and people with us would be asking to ride it after a few beers....Wrong! They all had Harleys and was one Victory. So when they went on 3 different rides they invited me along. Quite fun and easily able to keep up because of highway one twisties and turns. Some beautiful scenery and stopped at several local watering holes. Back at camp showed them the famous "joemama" footpeg beer bottle openers which came in handy because we had some non twistoff beers. Weather sure changes in a hurry. Sunny teeshirt weather, then cold sweatshirt weather the next minute!

Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

And your bike looks the best! I love the black widow colors!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Awesome Mike! Maybe you are the new TW ambassador of Good Will and Cold Beer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Just last month I was riding in snow with a winter jacket, no hotter than all get-out! I could stand some sweatshirt riding weather right now! Photo's remind me of that Marlon Brando biker gang movie, which I've not actually seen by the way. But I seen the picture's of it!
    I need to find a pop bottle with the non-twisty top so I could use my footpegs. Or offer use of the pegs free of charge to others. Or charge them, whatever!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I've found most Harley riders love the Dub's " Fat Ass Tires" Just something about wide tires gets them going.
    Fred likes this.

When Im out putting around all the HD guys always wave. Most are general motorcycle enthusiasts around here, they still don't like sport bikes though.

In a filling station a group of Harley owners gathered around my TW to inspect it. I challenged them to a race. One guy asked where we would race, I told him there is a good patch of sagebrush on the edge of town.
    Fred and Bagger like this.

I knew about half the riders in our group and they liked the tw. Wait till I get my gnarly atv tire on the rear! I did ride up on the dirt bank around some cars waiting in line on way to point reyes light house. Harley's couldn't follow...... Had to demonstrate why Tdubs are so cool......
    Fred likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Last time I was at Pt. Reyes Lighthouse it was so windy I had to lean forward 20 or 30 degrees to maintain balance.

There is an old Nike missile base open to the public up that way. Any chance went to visit it?
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

It was cold and windy! Got parked at lighthouse but the five I was riding with didn't want to bother walking to lighthouse so never saw it. They drank beer on side of road instead....Then me and one other rider took a right turn on way back and went down to Drakes bay but restaurant had closed a few months ago so was just a bathroom pitstop. Amazing how much warmer it was down in drake bay. oh, and to answer your question, no. Never heard of it but would have if I would have known about it.
    Last edited by evan; 07-15-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Sponosred Links