Creek Crossings on the Forth
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By bikerjosh

Thread: Creek Crossings on the Forth

Creek Crossings on the Forth

Some better creek crossings and a extremely rare "Ooops" by Adam some 30 miles or so into our ride. Creek flows out of Lower Blue Lake and Jeep road continues as a corridor through Mokulumane Wilderness to Hermit Valley, Hwy 4
    Crystal clear water and boulder garden roads set the theme. I remembered the road being smoother when i fished and camped here as a kid with my father. We had no problems with stock CJ-5 and FJ-40s that would have a difficult time today due to erosion.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-13-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    admiral, elime, Indiana and 5 others like this.

Blue sky, refreshing water, looks good to me! Sound track reminds me of a 1970's cop theme music. I chuckled!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Fred, nice video and creek crossings. Makes me think we need to investigate that area for one of our upcoming group rides? Probably cooler than Red Bluff this time of the year.
    Josh
    elime likes this.
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Josh, I think we need to abduct Fred and not release him until he leads us on one of his adventures. I was thinking a coastal ride while it is hot, but seeing the creek crossings, well we need to ride the high country. Watch out for JoeBand when crossing creeks!

Geez Fred, you go some awesome places! Just want to say thanks so much for the videos and pics. They are the best!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I think you guys would really enjoy a romp in the sierras. Temperatures are cooler the higher one gets, most alpine lakes still have high water levels but most creeks are reduced to trickles. We could splash this one below Blue Lakes repeadedly though and terrorize the trout like Adam and I did.
    A group ride is a great idea, we are already contemplating something to help break in evan's new Duro ATV tire anyways.
    Not many restaurants, hotels or un-reserved campgrounds near trailheads so logistics need a little work. I can help some as well as plan and guide ride. For example this last ride could have folks stay at Blue Lakes campground like Joeband a few weeks ago, or resorts within an hour's drive, or primative site camping, or motel in foothills , Tahoe, Carson City or Reno areas. Adam and I ferried our bikes from Reno and took about a1.5 hr scenic drive.
    If serious P.M. me or start a Post. Tolerance for rough rocky roads is usually needed but a slightly milder ride can be arranged. I can even host a herd at my place.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-13-2014 at 08:50 AM.

i crossed that creek in 1980-81 in an FJ55.... the water was much higher, no drought then!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links