My ride to the other side....of the mountains.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My ride to the other side....of the mountains.

My ride to the other side....of the mountains.

Broke my own rule and rode the TW from Whidbey Island over Washington Pass to the Winthrop area. I have a rule that I will not make that trek during the months of July, Aug. or Sept. because it is just too danged hot. Oh well, first day the ride was nice since it was an evening ride. On Saturday a friend and I set out and took a NFR, #37 from the Winthrop area over Baldy Pass and ending in Conconully. We had lunch in Conconully then rode over to Okanagon and eventually back to camp in the Winthrop area. Was a great day even though it was hot.
    I am throwing in some pictures of my ride back home through Washington Pass, it was so hot I was delerious for hours telling myself I was done riding, not cut out for it and selling both bikes and buying a car with air conditioning. I think I had heat stroke because once I got home, got a good nights sleep and cooled off, I came to my senses. If only I had followed my rule and not ridden over that pass to the other side in July....

035 - Copy.JPG037.JPG043.JPG047.JPG069.JPG
    elime, Mel, Hoot Gibson and 6 others like this.

A few more pics going home through Washington Pass, if you have never ridden through this way you are missing out.

123.JPG126.JPG131.JPG134.JPG143.JPG

We're glad you went! Thanks for the pics Dette!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Rules are made to be broken right? From the looks of your picture's, I'm glad you broke your rule! Very beautiful ride that's for sure!

When I first saw this photo, it reminded me of my 3 Fingers Gulch ride and 3 Finger. Not really that close, but it did remind me of it. And as I remember, it was warm the day we rode a few months back. I wouldn't even attempt the 3 Finger ride in today's temperature's. Guess I won't break your rule down here for the foreseeable future!

plumbstraight, dette, Fred and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Your photos are great. This is the area I have thought of riding my TW. I will wait for cooler weather. Thanks for the update.
    dette likes this.

[QUOTE=dette;128707]A few more pics going home through Washington Pass, if you have never ridden through this way you are missing out.

Very nice Dette!

Rdog

Looks like a great place to ride!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Great pics - thanks for sharing!

beautiful ride!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

It is a beautiful ride. I have to say Dette, you have grit. That is quite a ride on a TW. Just a few weeks ago I went to Twisp and back, but on a goldwing with trailer. It is a beautiful ride over and even better on the way back. The scenery is so much more incredible heading west.

Looking forward to getting together again with some western riders this summer. I know you are a busybee, An overnighter as the weather is nice would be great.

Any riders up for a run? East side might be out for a while as the fires are out of control.
    dette likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links