"...I Hear Banjos..."
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Rhodetrip
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 4 Post By Rhodetrip

Thread: "...I Hear Banjos..."

"...I Hear Banjos..."

I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I got a request to post a ride report over here. Mrs Trip and I spent a few days riding in the Smoky Mountains.

Here's the link: "...I Hear Banjos..." - ADVrider
    Point37, jb882, B-dub and 1 others like this.

Wow, beautiful pic's Rhodetrip! thank you for sharing..!

Stick around bro, don't leave us! We need you here.
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Very nice report. I'm adding this to my wish list of trips I'd like to take.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great trip truly well told and photographed. Very lush and moist compared to my neck of the woods, I am envious.

Nice report and that ride looks like a lot of fun.

I have a quick question regarding your wifes bike. Did you lower it? From what i can see in the pics is looks lower than yours. the reason i ask is my girlfirend is a little tippy toed on hers and i think i would like to drop it a little so she can be flat footed for some extra confidence. The front is pretty easy its the rear that i wonder about. If you lowered it can you explain how you did it?
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Thanks for the replies.
    jb882, here is a link that's my standard reply. ADVrider - View Single Post - Very low seat height adventure bike?

You live close to us. We have 2 lowered TW's and 2 regular. You are welcome to come check them out anytime. We could swap a cut down seat for a standard one on a lowered bike, and try a cut down seat on a standard bike.
    Depends on how tall your girlfriend is.

Thanks Rhodetrip, I will check out the link. My girl is 5'4" or so. I may take you up on that offer, if I can do anything to make her more comfortable on the bike it will be worth it.

I was down in RI on my duc just lest weekend. On sat we took a ride down 114 and ended up taking a trip thru colt sp. never been there before, it's an interesting place.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Thanks Rhodetrip, I will check out the link. My girl is 5'4" or so. I may take you up on that offer, if I can do anything to make her more comfortable on the bike it will be worth it.

I was down in RI on my duc just lest weekend. On sat we took a ride down 114 and ended up taking a trip thru colt sp. never been there before, it's an interesting place.
    At 5'4", your girlfriend is a lot taller than Lynn. You don't need to switch the shock, it will drop it too much for her and can bottom out so its better to avoid. I got 1-1/2" or so by cutting the seat foam. And the first thing I would suggest is these boots (yes, I know they are expensive) but they are worth it: Daytona Lady Star GTX Boots - RevZilla Mrs Trip loves them. At 5'4", they might be enough by themselves.

Colt State Park is nice. That's Bristol, I'm on the other side of the Bay...on the Connecticut border. We were up in your neck of the woods 2 weeks ago...well, Hopkinton anyway, on Rte 85. We went up to New Hampshire for some riding over the weekend. Bring your Tdubs down here sometime; we have great dual sport riding in this area...Pachaug, Arcadia, points between.

Nice ride, great looking pics. I love seeing the bikes loaded down with gear. Thanks for sharing.
    '73 CT-90
    '14 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear rack, Jimbo shield, Gmax dual sport helmet

Wow, what a beautiful ride, captured so well with your outstanding pictures and narrative. Thanks for taking us along, I enjoyed it very much!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Sponosred Links