NorCal Group Singletrack Ride Video
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NorCal Group Singletrack Ride Video

NorCal Group Singletrack Ride Video

Here is a long rambling video of Sunday's Ride with BikerJosh, Evan, BananChunks and Fred on Peavine Mtn. I could say the video is long and rambling because the trails are long and rambling but really I could not import clips into a redly editable environment to trim them down. This was a pleasant fun run after exhuasting rocky Rubicon ride on Saturday. Too bad this nice bunch of Trail Wanderers all had to get home hundred of miles away because we were just getting good momentum going when it was time to call it a day. Bananachunks street tires did amazingly well on sandy hill climbs. We could have spent entire day goofing on seemingly endless trails, shucks we even rode a half mile long single track i do not recall having ridden before.

I just watched for first time and I sound like a mother hen watching her flock. Last two minutes somehow is clip from Rubicon Trail excellently demonstrating value of kick starter. evan's bike stalled and would not respond to the starter due to hot engine and sea level jetting. One boot of the kickstarter and his engine was purring again although very rich off-idle.
    Time to go hunt more hidden Rubicon clips lurking somewhere in laptop memory.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-07-2014 at 11:59 AM.

I really like the puffy clouds at about 3 to 5 minute mark. Filmed @ 30 frames per second, 720p, Contour+ camera, class 10 micro sd card. Inelegantly trimmed editing from slideshow environment on Apple laptop. Free reggae music courtesy of UTube.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-07-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Oh man, what a great ride that looked like. Mother hen? Naw, a good leader always makes sure everyone gets through. Not sure who it was, but when you regrouped closer to the begining, thought I heard him say how much he liked it. Smiles under them helmets for sure.
    Is this an organized trail system with trail numbers and such, or just trails "out there"? The rubicon clips shown here are very close to what the road was like to Buffalo Hump. Maybe not quite as large of rocks, but darn close. And we had six miles in, six miles out of that stuff with the exception of near the bridges which was nice soft dirt.

These clips gave me goosebumps wishing I was there.

P.S. My missing clips didn't even show up on the disk when I plugged it into the computer. Camera dumped 'em somehow. Only thing I can think of, is it had something to do when I changed batteries. Don't know how or why.

Great video, thanks for sharing!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Snuck a look on my phone - yay, that was me, Andy George Joechunks! That whole ride was the most fun I've had on the TW since I got it! Except for everything we had to go /down/ on (including the switchbacks on that part of the video). I swore at one point they were all just using me to see what my tires could or couldn't do!
    Adam-n-nevada likes this.

Looks nothing like Michigan. Very nice.

Trails in the open country seem un-numbered and I think are on un-posted private land. Once in the tree cover most trails have forest service numbers since an inventory and Action Plan was implemented a few years ago. Forest service is striving to close more than half of roads and trails in area but new singletracks appear about as fast as authorities close off old ones. Forest Service has limited budget while bikers have unlimited gas.
    We actually were not trying to leave BananaChunks upside down somewhere behind us, it is just my familiarity with trails made me ride too briskly for first time visitors. Next time we will hit more challenging steeper trails so beware!
    bananachunks likes this.

Boy on all of that single trac I thought, what a great ride. Then came the (unknown to me) Rubicon footage and I thought, YIKES, hang-on. The Admiral got goose bumps, for me it was butt-pucker. I understand the challenge, but generally I look for 'relax and smell the flowers'.

Must have been a longish ride. From sage-brush to evergreens on single trac seems to suggest miles. Really enjoyed this video Fred as it kept my heartbeat below 110. Thanks.......... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Rubicon was nice for "bragging rights" (when I wasn't cursing nature), but the single track on Sunday was a blast. Wish I was more fresh, as my body was still pretty wrecked from riding so tense on Sat. Need to figure out the carb jetting before heading back to that altitude.
    Thanks again for the great ride.
    bananachunks likes this.
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Great Video! looks like some very fun single track.

I linked a couple of Fred's videos from last weekend on my Facebook timeline. I still keep forgetting that Jeff started a TW Facebook group. For anyone who's on FB: TW200 West Coast Community - another good place to put some of our vids/pics.
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links