Another Tahoe Ride?
Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Another Tahoe Ride?

Another Tahoe Ride?

August 23rd weekend has been proposed as another "easy" Tahoe/ Rubicon ride since everyone survived the first one. I would suggest keeping it less exhausting focussing less on Rubicon and ride nicer roads to north first in the Barker Pass area, Ellis Peak single track for the brave, plus cruising lakeside if so desired.
    Half a dozen riders was a manageable number to keep track of considering trail dust, missed turns and misc. logistics so if numbers grow I may like someone to ride trail and help corral the herd.
    Once again I can offer simple camping at my place an hour away from Tahoe as an affordable sociable lodging option for those traveling from afar.
    So who else wants to join Joemama and Joeband and me for the ride of Joes? Everyone gets a name tag that says "Joe" since I cannot keep names straight.

Count me in as Joe #3.

Brian

Alright Brian!
    Maybe I can snag that free CraigsList TW for you to haul home.
    If you guys like the proposed ride great, but we can do other Sierra rides with more scenic remote alpine lakes and vistas accessed by smoother roads ( see "Summer Solstice" or "Stopped by Snow" vids ).
    So who else wants a "Joe" name tag?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Crap! I'll be back in Minnesota visiting the folks! Once or twice a year I get to hear my mom tell me how fat I am! She can't help herself. No filter! Aargh!
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Joechunks. Definitely thinking about it, but it's at a heavy 50/50 right now.
    Fred likes this.

Well Admiral, these local crazies want a full ride through the Rubicon once fall lowers the temperature and crowds thin out. Maybe you can come and bring your mules to pack our weary bones out. Or since we plan to start from lower end via Loon Lake bring that charming wife of yours and her unstoppable ATV, load up Georgie and ride days worth of granite slickrock and sandy soils at lower elevations.
    Actually for the road legal bikes there are many pretty lakes linked by good asphault twisty roads ( or "oiled" roads as an old sourdough buddy from south of YellowPine,Idaho would say...he was a 90 something mile ride from nearest phone, mail came by snowmobile and the pizza guy wouldn't make deliveries.) I once hired him and a string of pack horses to haul my snow-bound gear and about 400 lbs of rock samples from a remote mine. I didn't even get to ride, had to break trail on snowshoes with his horses hot breath breathing down my neck...I swear I heard barely contained snickering behind me as he chuckled at the hard puffing City Slicker ahead (me).
    littletommy likes this.

Boy I am certainly close enough. I still need more practice/conditioning to become fully 'fledged' in time for the Redbluff ride. Seems for me, it might be a win/win as long as I can pass on any nasty stuff (Rubicon).

When Tony and Adam did the entire Rubicon a few years ago, I passed. However, my personal adventure hooked me up with, yet again, another section of the Old Rubicon. This is as far as I dared to go......... Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Hey Gerry, I hope that you can make this ride.

Maybe Fred will be kind enough to plan out some leisurely, scenic bailout routes that you and I can take. A short section similar to that illustrated in your picture will be enough for me to claim "Rubicon Trail" bragging rights !

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Seems for me, it might be a win/win as long as I can pass on any nasty stuff (Rubicon).

bananachunks likes this.

So it sounds like, if I can make this one, I'll be riding with TW-Brian and Gerry!
    TW-Brian likes this.

I'm in. It will be good getting back on the bike and seeing good friends again. Thank you Fred for putting together another riding adventure. The count down is on!!

Joemama
    bananachunks and TW-Brian like this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links