Couple of test video's with my new camera
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Couple of test video's with my new camera

Couple of test video's with my new camera

I deleted the test video's but you can go here to view any other of my video's when your bored with nothing else to do!

https://www.youtube.com/user/klnrgj01
    Last edited by admiral; 08-29-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    Scotts and bananachunks like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Little dusty out there Admiral ??????????????????? I like the first vids location the best... Ole Georgie doesn't seem to mine either way. OMM.

I probably missed it somewhere. What camera did you get?

Of the two videos, I like the perspective of the one with the camera mounted lower.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Admiral's Lady got him a good camera, Ion I think.
    I personally like a little perspective afforded by seeing the dash, or the mirrors with Georgie's reflection or whatever at the bottom of the screen when camera is mounted lower so I vote side helmet. Too bad side helmet mounts capture image of helmet all the time, kind of tired of that.
    Top of helmet view is unimpeded but sterile at times.
    The bar mount appeared surprisingly stabile, or was it Ion camera/software?
    Cotton ball taped over mic might dampen wind noise.
    I experimented with a chin mount that I liked because it was low,aim-able, body-stabilized and while having clear view captured sense of being on TW. It was for my cell phone and point-n-shoot. If I adapt for Contour camera and re-mount I will post a pic.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-15-2014 at 05:59 PM.

I'll agree with Fred. The side mount brought it all together; the machine, the rider and the terrain. I used a bit of left over green foam I had from an old Uni filter and attached it with some double edge tape. This worked fine for me. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Great videos! Looks like you made a good choice in cameras. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - that's one of my favorite theme songs! Thanks for the videos, I look forward to seeing more!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I agree with Fred -- and I was surprised the handlebar mount worked so well. I wonder how it would look going over technical things and constantly turning left and right? Those roads you were on looked fairly smooth -- or it is a super stabilization program you have? And if yes I want one!
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I've got an ION Air Pro. It also has a Wi-Fi Podz thingy so you can hook it up to a smart phone, ipad, etc. so you can link up with NASA. I won't be using the Wi-Fi thingy. Another nice feature of this camera, when you download to a computer, it has 2 files for each video clip. One in normal mode (1080, 720) and another with less resolution. I have a slow computer and for a quick view it's nice to have the lower resolution. The camera also has an "auto flip" feature for recording when the camera is mounted upside down or right angle. I tried this and when I first downloaded it, thumbnail showed the clip upside down. When I played it, it was right side up. Again, another NASA thing.

Top Mounted: Glad no one really likes it on top of the helmet. When I see one mounted up yonder, it reminds me of a Trojan or Spartan helmet. Not one for liking the looks up top myself.

Side Mounted: Not really a fan of the camera mounted anywhere on the helmet, but mounted on the side is probably best. Sometimes it's nice to see something off to the side when you look that way, which a tank or bar mounted camera can't show. It is easier to reach the on/off switch on the side over the top of the helmet mount. On the side one can't really get away from part of the helmet being in view, but I'm gonna try and aim the camera a little more right to try and minimize the helmet. Plus, if just by chance I'm picking my nose on camera, I may avoid that as well.

I was very surprised it did so well with the provided handle bar mount. I'm going to keep this on for further testing. I like to record from this location as I don't like camera mounts, but it can and does get a little stale, similar to mounted on top. Getting to see the bike in action does add to it in most cases. Always a problem with a handle bar mount is the back and forth motion, especially when on trails, so I think the majority of my future recordings will be a side mount view.

Mic: I gotta figure out where it is. Read where it should be, but apparently I'm not finding it, or the piece of tap I put on where I thought it was, didn't work very well! I'll keep working on that part.

Oh, and I didn't use any stabilization program. This is all raw footage with no alterations other than I cutting segments out. Camera seems to do very well in the stabilization department. It can record in 1080, but I use 720 to conserve micro SD card space.

...and I assure you, no matter what these roads may look like. They are anything but smooth. So if it looks smooth, blame it on the camera.
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    .................................................. if just by chance I'm picking my nose on camera, I may avoid that as well....................................if it looks smooth, blame it on the camera.
    With my "POV" (point of view) goggle camera pretty much where you look is what you record -- one must remember to shut the camera off "while taking a break out in the woods".

It might be time to buy a much better camera -- the video of the roads looked really good.
    Fred likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

elime, you mean POV doesn't stand for "piss off vehicle"?
    elime likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links