• 1 Post By Jay64
  • 1 Post By Scotts

Thread: Video - TW200 'Dry Canyon' Cline Buttes trail system #15

Video - TW200 'Dry Canyon' Cline Buttes trail system #15

Dry Canyon..
    trailscout and Fred like this.

Nice!
    Scotts likes this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Boy, this looked like a fun canyon to ride through. I know I would enjoy that trail. What where you looking for when you got off and looked in the cave? Anything in particular? I would've been to scared to look thinking a big 'ol rattler would got me! Again, nice video!
    Scotts likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Excellant trail, teases me into thinking of good excuses to be near Redmond/Bend Oregon. Bet it would be awesome after a fresh 1"-2" of new fallen snow.
    So Admiral, how do we trick Scotts into leading us through this canyon sometime? Looks fantastic for a group ride when there is a little soil moisture.
    Thanks for the video Scotts, very nice.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-20-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Scotts likes this.

You sure don't shy away from rocks........... How is your bike set-up ? Gearing,skid plate, ect. OMM.
    Scotts likes this.

I was raised in Central Oregon and have been on horseback in Dry and Deep Canyon; later on in life on a '84 Honda XL350R. Another fun place to ride is north of Holmes Road around Squaw Creek and the Grandview country.
    Scotts likes this.
    The greatest trick that Jay64 ever pulled was convincing the world he did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    What where you looking for when you got off and looked in the cave? Anything in particular? I would've been to scared to look thinking a big 'ol rattler would got me!
    I don't know exactly.. I have a weird fear/fascination with caves.. Probably cause there are thousands of random unmarked 'lava tubes' and caves around here that I stumble across from time to time and I never lived anywhere where you could just 'find a random cave' that wasn't sealed up, or cost $ to get into, or on private property, etc..
    Most are only a few hundred feet deep but some can be a mile or more deep.. They are just lava tubes, so their not as 'interesting' as the ones with staglitetes and rivers and blind cave fish and such, but they also, 'usually', have much less things living in them..
    Heres a video of a random one I explored.. This one only had a crow coming out of it.. (There were a couple more caves around this one, but countless coyote(?) poop covered the entire area around the exits and I wasn't in the mood for taking on a pack of wild animals Liam Nesson style..)
    Last edited by Scotts; 08-21-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    You sure don't shy away from rocks........... How is your bike set-up ? Gearing,skid plate, ect. OMM.
    Yeah I guess I ham it up for the camera sometimes ... But its all for your guys enjoyment!..
    Everything is still stock.. Its a 2013 with a little over 1k on it.. Stock skid plate etc..
    Im definitely going to do the 55t rear sprocket soon, and better off-road tires when I get the chance.. the 225 gas tank and mounting racks will also be an option too..
    ..but at this moment completely stock.. (12psi in the tires)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay64 View Post
    I was raised in Central Oregon and have been on horseback in Dry and Deep Canyon; later on in life on a '84 Honda XL350R. Another fun place to ride is north of Holmes Road around Squaw Creek and the Grandview country.
    Thanks, I haven't been to that area yet despite being so close, I will definitely have to check it out.. is it a OHV trail system or forest service roads?

Sponosred Links