Running the Dogs
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Running the Dogs

Running the Dogs

My black dog Sam seems to be responding very well to some Glaucosamine chews Adam-in-Nevada gave me. After two weeks dosing him he seems very more energetic as seen here. A quick local run to test a new under-the-visor camera mount worked well and we ended up at a cedar tree covered with quite a variety of claw marks. Bear, cougar, bobcat, raccoon and squirrel have all climbed this old sentinel over the years. Claw marks and polished bark go up a good twenty feet or more. Neat.
    Anyways I tried to just post first twenty seconds just to show effect of joint medicine on old dog but somehow posted whole ride. Could these chews possibly help Admiral's Georgie?

The cedar overlooks a spring that attracts local wildlife. My trail there improved existing game tracks and the deer and critters seem to use it a lot.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-20-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    elime, Leben, admiral and 3 others like this.

Looks like the dogs took you out for a run!

Fred, if you've got that kind of riding right outside your door, why are we driving for an hour to start our ride on Saturday ? It can't get much better than what I am seeing here!

Really, really, really looking forward to this weekend,

Brian

Walking your dogs sure looks like fun! Glad your dog is feeling better. Wish I had known about that stuff years ago when I had my old Chocolate Lab.
    Fred likes this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You are single tracking that TW very well! And are you properly prepared should you meet what scratched that tree?
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Out your back door is way more scenic than out in my back 40. I love trees! You've got enough rocks, you should start "rock hopping" like scotts! Giggle. If you don't mind, could you take a photo of your under visor mount? I've heard of that before, just not seen one. Good to see the dog meds working on your pup. Probably makes to dog feel much better. I'd ask georgie, but she keeps talking in "dog" and I can't understand. But I thinks she's starting to smile more!
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Very nice Fred. Your territory spells TW in a big way! Glad the chews seem to be working for the old man. I have two seasonal use roads good for only SUVs, 4x4 and bikes but my Brittany knows them has her exercise runs. About 3 miles in total and she runs them about three times a week. They are actually just short cuts over the mountain from one main road to another on the way home. If you want to keep a dog trim and fit this is a great way to do it and start them when young. This might seem a bit hard to believe but my dog knows the routine and what roads she is on. When coming home from town she gets antsy about a mile before the turn off and can't wait to see my blinker go on signifying a run. On days when I don't have time to let her run she gets instantly sad when I pass by the road. There is a small creek about half way and she takes a swim, gets a drink and usually takes a dump then takes off for the last leg of her run. What a life!

Thanks for posting.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

It's a dog's life. Sounds perfect Gary.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

My mount is home-made experiment . Sometimes with our "go-pro" style cameras we ride in a "go-stupid" fashion seeking dramatic footage. This can result in "go-to emergency room" accidents certainly aggravated by camera location. Top of head classic " tele-tubie" mounts have a history of snagging stuff causing neck injuries. I thought an under visor mount would minimize snagging, shield microphone from some wind noise and provide a view of on/off/ recording status indicator lights.
    Mount was made with stuff laying around shop, 1/4 - 20 bolt to grab camera's tripod threaded base, 1/2 of a 1"pvc coupler to cradle camera, a section of 1/4" brass tubing for bolt sleeve, misc nylon bushing and faucet washer....totally Rube Goldburg and removable should my test had been unsuccessful. I will now screw mount on a little better for additional security and see if it gives me a neck ache after Tahoe ride.
    Brow of helmet should protect my forehead from camera in event of a big face plant but I acknowledge riding while filming is an inherently risky activity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fred; 08-21-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Bagger and admiral like this.

Geeze Fred, you are a wing nut!

That does look pretty honky but the end result of the videos is perfect. I am pretty sure you can clean that up now that you know it works in that position pretty slick.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Fred, real nice country you have out there. Perfect for the TW like Gary said. Riding with the dogs is great. I did that a lot in PA with my Jack Russell. He's long gone now, and really miss riding with him (Trigger). Hey, any chance you could post a pic of your bike? It looked red in the beginning, but see it's yellow? I love that color on dirt bikes.... Love to see it.

Thanks for posting that vid, running the dogs on the TW. Very cool...
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links