Sierra Pelona Trail - (Photo-Video Report)
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member busyweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    286
    Sierra Pelona Trail and parts of Artesian Spring Road.

    The trail is located at the east of the Bouquet Canyon Road in the near city of Lake Huges.



    Total distance of trail that I took was about 15 good miles.

    Road condition is very good for even beginners like me, however there are some rocky sections at the south enterance (end of trail) of the trails.

    And there are many cross sections (Y and T interscetion) with Rowher Trail; which is pretty difficult trail, finding right directions was challenging for me.

    Highest elevation is about 4200 ft, and very moderate going up and down.

    This trail has the long sections of road at the top of the moutain, I had enjoyed very nice sceneries.

    Looking down the east part or trail, could see Angles Crest Forest Mountains range and steep Rowher Flat OHV Trails roads.

    And looking the west part of trail, could enjoy Bouquet Lake area and around mountains with nice vista.



    At this trail riding, there are many available rest and vista areas to enjoy relaxed riding.

    During the riding, met a dirt rider with whom I had couple of cross riding on the trail.

    He rode hard portion; Rowher Trail, I was on the easy part; Sierra Pelona, and had some nice chat with him.

    On the video, there are few sections of he and couple of other dirt riders action.



    Here is the very shorthened trail riding photos and video clips...

    Tried to reduce play time, but still little lenghty for internet users.

    Hopley, you may get some nice trail details and enjoy as I had enjoyed with riding.





    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6PMY29-JE[/media]





    Thanks.






  2. #2
    Senior Member admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Frosty Hollow
    Posts
    13,166
    Thanks again for another fine photo/video ride report. Looks like your getting the hang of the off-trail riding, even the last harder mile.



    It was funny to hear you chuckle when the dirt bike rider went by. I remember being surprised by a couple of dirt bike riders when they passed me when we were riding in a loose sand creek bed. Of course I dumped it in the sand, partly cause I was surprised (ok, scared) by the other riders, and partly because riding in sand sucks and I'm not good at it.



    Again, thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

  3. #3
    Senior Member busyweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Thanks again for another fine photo/video ride report. Looks like your getting the hang of the off-trail riding, even the last harder mile.



    It was funny to hear you chuckle when the dirt bike rider went by. I remember being surprised by a couple of dirt bike riders when they passed me when we were riding in a loose sand creek bed. Of course I dumped it in the sand, partly cause I was surprised (ok, scared) by the other riders, and partly because riding in sand sucks and I'm not good at it.



    Again, thanks for sharing.


    Thanks admiral for comments.



    When a dirt rider was passing over me with "da da da da...", I really suprised and scared because I didn't expected any of them while I was crousing slowly and relaxed.

    Felt that I could loss bike control if he was passing just by close to me... ha ha ha

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Super Moderator goldenhtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stanwood,Wa
    Posts
    1,903
    Very nice BusyWeb. What camera do you use?
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

    "Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

    “I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

  6. #5
    Senior Member elime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,999
    Once again, a fun video to watch! Thanks.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

  7. #6
    Senior Member busyweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    Very nice BusyWeb. What camera do you use?


    Thanks there...



    My camera is Canon Powershot SX20 IS which is little bit bigger than point-shoot camera but has some nice functions like manual setting and good zooming features.

    This manual setting of focus is sometimes very important when the camera is mounted on the vehichles; cage or bike.

    I found that manual fouce or fixed-focusing give more clear depth of fields on the photos/videos >> from my experiences.



    Whew...I forgot to take mounting photo again...

    Camera is mounted on the my chest with couple of straps; this time I made some more advanced (??? ha ha ha) mounting device >>> PVC pipes

    So that the camera could not be pushed back to my chest, the reason is that camera function (menu) buttons are back of the camera.

    If I put camera too close to my chest, I could not use those camera menu buttons.

    These PVC pipe creates little bit space between camera back and my chest.

    Between the PVC pipe and my chest, I put some package sponges to make little comfort when tightened it.



    Next time, let me put some photo ...

  8. #7
    Senior Member busyweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony ( aka elime) View Post
    Once again, a fun video to watch! Thanks.


    Thanks Tony.

    Glad you had fun out of my little sharing !!!

  9. #8
    Senior Member mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyWeb View Post
    Thanks there...



    My camera is Canon Powershot SX20 IS which is little bit bigger than point-shoot camera but has some nice functions like manual setting and good zooming features.

    This manual setting of focus is sometimes very important when the camera is mounted on the vehichles; cage or bike.

    I found that manual fouce or fixed-focusing give more clear depth of fields on the photos/videos >> from my experiences.



    Whew...I forgot to take mounting photo again...

    Camera is mounted on the my chest with couple of straps; this time I made some more advanced (??? ha ha ha) mounting device >>> PVC pipes

    So that the camera could not be pushed back to my chest, the reason is that camera function (menu) buttons are back of the camera.

    If I put camera too close to my chest, I could not use those camera menu buttons.

    These PVC pipe creates little bit space between camera back and my chest.

    Between the PVC pipe and my chest, I put some package sponges to make little comfort when tightened it.



    Next time, let me put some photo ...


    A great report and video! I've been trying to decide on whether to get a still camera or video camera for my motorcycling adventures, so this was very timely for me. I like what you were able to accomplish with your small camera, and that you are taking the time to discuss the use of manual focus and greater depth of field---very useful information for my camera selection.



    I also liked how you were able to intermix still shots, video, captioning, and creative beginning / ending transitions. What video editing software did you use to put this all together?



    I think photography / videography in motorcycling could make a nice Forum topic all on its own. The cameras and software available today are just amazing---so much more advanced than the basic, 35mm photography class I took in college back in the mid-70s. You also show how neat it is to have some creativity and knowledge of fundamentals like depth of field. Again, great job and thanks for the useful information!



    Corey
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

  10. #9
    Senior Member Gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Paradise, Calif.
    Posts
    3,515
    Once again, a joy to watch. I especially appreciate the artistry that you blend with the 'heart pounding' action footage ( ). A bit of tongue in cheek on the "action" part. I wish we lived closer together for our riding styles seem to be very similar. Now if we could only rid the trails of those 'ruffians'. Hard to imagine I carry a 520 master link in case I come across one of those fellows with a broken chain.



    I am off work for a couple of days. YOur videos are so inspiring, I will try to do one of my own. Thanks.......... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

  11. #10
    Senior Member busyweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    A great report and video! I've been trying to decide on whether to get a still camera or video camera for my motorcycling adventures, so this was very timely for me. I like what you were able to accomplish with your small camera, and that you are taking the time to discuss the use of manual focus and greater depth of field---very useful information for my camera selection.



    I also liked how you were able to intermix still shots, video, captioning, and creative beginning / ending transitions. What video editing software did you use to put this all together?



    I think photography / videography in motorcycling could make a nice Forum topic all on its own. The cameras and software available today are just amazing---so much more advanced than the basic, 35mm photography class I took in college back in the mid-70s. You also show how neat it is to have some creativity and knowledge of fundamentals like depth of field. Again, great job and thanks for the useful information!



    Corey


    Hi, Mr. Corey.

    Thanks for the comments alot. ^^



    I used to use Microsoft Movie Maker (free on PC), but as I wanted more (little more) options for editing movies I searched on the internet.

    Found current editing tool; Corel Video Studio, at the on-sale-price from product web site.

    Before buying it, I downloaded Trial-Version (30 days full functional application) and tried it.

    What this application good about it is that PC (computer) hardware requirements is very low.

    My PC is little bit old and not has much power for editing movies, however with this application, I can easily and smoothly edit my movies and photos without lagging the computer power.

    So, I bought it without further thought.

    As I told before, my original movies do not play well on my PC, slow and out of sync with sounds... ha ha ha, but with this application I could play well and edit well.



    Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. First trail GoPro Video
    By Boarder255 in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. Cool photo/video tools for sharing...
    By busyweb in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
  3. Big Pine Flats Trail - Photo/Video Slide Show
    By busyweb in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
  4. Cleghorn Ridge Trail (photo slideshow video)
    By busyweb in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM