Craigie Creek and South Black Mountain Trail
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200

Thread: Craigie Creek and South Black Mountain Trail

Craigie Creek and South Black Mountain Trail

Yet another day of tallkeetna trail riding on the trusty tdub. Cant get enough of this area. When you summit out you can see for 50-100 miles in any direction. Stuff like this is why I always telll people that buying a tw will change your life for the better. Hope you all enjoy the video.

r80rt and B-dub like this.

You sure bring us some darn cool video's bro! Thank you so much!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

There ya go playing in the water again! Your videos just keep getting better and better! I love the variety of shots, and that's definitely some cool country. Someday I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences with bears, wolves, and other potentially life threatening critters in Alaska. Thanks for sharing with us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    There ya go playing in the water again! Your videos just keep getting better and better! I love the variety of shots, and that's definitely some cool country. Someday I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences with bears, wolves, and other potentially life threatening critters in Alaska. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Lived here me whole life and never seen a bear in the wild believe it or not. Ive seen wolves on 3 occasions theyre exceptionally shy and are terrified of humans If they see you half a mile away they will take off like the devil is after them normally. One of my little 29lb border collies attacked a wolf once a few years ago. The wolf seemed to want to make friends with my pack of dogs. I think it may have been a hybrid someone realeased. Bears generally just ignore people. Lots of them live right near anchorage. try search "anchorage bears" on youtube for some interesting viewing. Once in a while ill see a coyote or a fox when im out ice skating. Most wildlife will hide or flee if they hear the sound of an engine. You see lots of moose who really arent afraid of people. Also you see lots of whistling hoary marmots, ground squirrels, migratory birds, eagles, porcupines and beavers. Beavers make dams way high up in those mountains right up to treeline where only willow trees grow. Their dams keeps huge amounts of sediment out of rivers which is pretty important for salmon.

Thanks - that is surprising that you haven't run into any bears as much as you get out. I would like to ride to Alaska some day, but the one concern I've had is the bear issue, especially since I wouldn't be able to have a firearm for defense as I would need to ride through Canada. I've heard it said that Bear repellent spray is just like barbecue sauce to the bears. It didn't help that someone posted a youtube video recently of a bear charging some guys rafting a river. Anyway, that makes me feel a little better. I have some experience with moose, and yes I understand it's best to just stay clear of them. Big animals! Thanks for your insight.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I'm surprised you haven't seen a bear as well. I've seen a few down here, and as you mention, they have run away, noting this is not always the case. Seeing the empty bus shell reminded me of the book and movie that I've read and watched "Into the Wild". Not sure if I could withstand the length of the cold winters or the mosquitoes in summer, but it is very interesting and beautiful. When we were in Fairbanks there were no mosquitoes, but just outside of town we couldn't get out of the truck without being attacked. Seward, Kenai no mosquitoes. Kenny Lake and Kenneocott, tons. We even saw a black bear with cub when we flew over Kennecott. Again very beautiful though! Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links