Admiral's TW Engine Transplant and Physical Therapy
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Admiral's TW Engine Transplant and Physical Therapy

Admiral's TW Engine Transplant and Physical Therapy

With an ailing engine, a few fellow TW riders offered up some help with my request for a replacement engine. Hauled the TW down to Fred's place, and with the engine from Evan, we went to work. After the transplant was complete, well, we have to test it of course! I really want to thank the hospitality of Fred and his wife for providing me with hot meals, cool drinks and a warm place to sleep. And to Evan for offering me the donor engine. And to both of these guys helping put it in. And least I forget, we had a great place to test ride. I'm back in the saddle again. I'd also like to thank all the others for their technical advice. Without it we'd have been scratching our heads at times! Salute!

Oh, I almost forgot. I also got to meet and ride with Adam. Great guys all!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

First, YAY! I'm glad to hear you're back in the saddle.
    Second, THANK YOU! For sharing an excellent video. Very relaxing to watch at work.
    Third... man, I just can't wait until I can get mine off road onto some REAL trails like that!
    admiral likes this.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    great video, incredible support, awesome forum/community.
    TW-Brian and admiral like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

More pics of engine transplant operation.....

Here are some more pics of engine install. Admiral really did most of the work, while me and Fred gave advice, looked for tools and gave moral support. The only reason we weren't drinking beer and giving bad advice is we knew we would be riding soon....

TW-Brian, Mel, elime and 2 others like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

That engine sounds really really good! And the camera took great video. Looks like a fantastic place to ride too. What a great weekend.
    admiral likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Hi Admiral;

I was glad to hear how well the replacement engine is running. Those California and Nevada kids are real.

Your new camera sure does a good job and as usual, your editing is top notch.

When things get down to being mellow at your place, we should make a run down to Wee's bar to see the Petroglyphs. The route I go should be good for Lorie to make too.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
    admiral likes this.

Oh wow! How could it get any better!
    admiral likes this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Given View Post
    First, YAY! I'm glad to hear you're back in the saddle.
    Second, THANK YOU! For sharing an excellent video. Very relaxing to watch at work.
    Third... man, I just can't wait until I can get mine off road onto some REAL trails like that!
    I have embraced "mild" trail riding. And by mild, I mean there ain't no steep cliff off to one side! I scared of heights! But this was great trail riding. I also don't mind a leisurely cruise on some of the country roads too! I'll try an do my part in encouraging your future off-road experience!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    incredible support, awesome forum/community.
    You got that right. I received more support and help than I could ever have imagined! I hope to give back when I can to help contribute to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Here are some more pics of engine install. Admiral really did most of the work, while me and Fred gave advice, looked for tools and gave moral support. The only reason we weren't drinking beer and giving bad advice is we knew we would be riding soon....

I was way to focused on getting the TW up and running cause I wanted to go ride those trails pretty bad! I only took 1 picture and I can't find the camera for that one!

Glad you got a picture of the TW engineless and the improvised "work stand".
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links