Close

Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By Fred
  • 7 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 1 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: Alpine Smooth and Wet

Alpine Smooth and Wet

Here is a smooth by-pass to taking "the Ladder". Very scenic. Great bike-in campsites for you adventure types.
    dette, admiral, TW-Brian and 4 others like this.

I don't always travel on two big wheels,

But when I do, I make videos and post them on the TW200 forum to remind everyone else how crappy the areas they ride actually are!

Tom
    Last edited by Dryden-Tdub; 09-17-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Very pretty area to ride Fred. You had plenty of water to ride through on this trip. I think you got this video editing thing down. Short clips merged and with some good audio to boot. You did what I try to do with the audio, a mix of background music and engine sound. Some folks like one or the other, but I prefer mixing the too. Thanks a bunch for sharing!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    I don't always travel on two big wheels,

But when I do, I make videos and post them on the TW200 forum to remind everyone else how crappy the areas they ride actually are!

Tom
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Funny thing is that all videos posted from my last trip were untrimmed 100% whole clips linked together. Somehow memory card downloaded into a program that doesn't allow exportation to editing program so what you folks get to see is warts and all. I would have preferred more number of shorter clips from a greater variety of scenery I visited . Thanks for the support. Now I just need to learn to master software and figure out why I keep getting corrupted SD memory cards, I lost some great video of biker and hot rod rally at Markleeville and subsequent drive up and over Ebbetts Pass which is one twisty narrow scenic highway, darn steep in places too. I had three SD cards for trip, two failed leaving me only a cheap back-up slow card borrowed from cell phone. I ran out of memory for both video and cell phone camera as there was just too much pretty scenery to stuff into those little devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Funny thing is that all videos posted from my last trip were untrimmed 100% whole clips linked together. Somehow memory card downloaded into a program that doesn't allow exportation to editing program so what you folks get to see is warts and all. I would have preferred more number of shorter clips from a greater variety of scenery I visited . Thanks for the support. Now I just need to learn to master software and figure out why I keep getting corrupted SD memory cards, I lost some great video of biker and hot rod rally at Markleeville and subsequent drive up and over Ebbetts Pass which is one twisty narrow scenic highway, darn steep in places too. I had three SD cards for trip, two failed leaving me only a cheap back-up slow card borrowed from cell phone. I ran out of memory for both video and cell phone camera as there was just too much pretty scenery to stuff into those little devices.

So let me see if I can sum this up for you Fred. Here goes.

So if everybody thinks that ride was great you ain't seen nothing. Really that video was just of the place I ride to for my morning constitutional. In fact if you look closely you can see multiple piles of eco friendly toilet paper. Now if I can ever get these other SD cards to work correctly then you will see where my really nice places to ride are! Off to touch the face of God now.

Peace out
    Fred

PS. YOU SUCK!

Tom
    Fred likes this.

So has anyone else ever posted anything that they think is so clever they go back and look at it multiple times? How incredibly egotistical I know.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Here is a smooth by-pass to taking "the Ladder". Very scenic. Great bike-in campsites for you adventure types/
    C'mon Fred, tell us where this IS!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Called the Slickrock Trail , it runs between Alpine Lake and Utica Reservoir in Alpine County,California. Located very near Bear Valley Ski Resort on Hwy 4 about 15 miles west of Ebbetts Pass which crosses Sierras about halfway between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park.
    Popular with the 4x4 clubs it is much less arduous than Fordyce or Rubicon , two other notoriously difficult extreme 4x4 routes in the northern Sierras. It is easily done on the TW except for three short sections, two of which have a by-pass to avoid intimidating rock ledges.
    Since whole area is technically for plated vehicles only there is little ripped up terrain from normal dirt bikes, buggies and ATVs. Still cumulative use is taking it's toll and sometimes I am ashamed of my fellow man's ability to carelessly destroy places of natural beauty. I bury a lot of discarded T.P. and haul out bottles, cans and misc. fishing debris. The poor trees at established camp sites have to endure as axe trowing targets, places to hang lanterns and get burned. Live ones get chopped down messily in some misguided attempt to get firewood leaving behind ragged stumps and smoky smoldering green wood in campfire rings. No wonder the Forest Service is trying to herd us out of primitive campsites and corral us into paid, seasonally closed crowded expensive ugly campgrounds with too many rules and restrictions. If only folks would learn to poop properly in the woods! And girls, if your used T.P. is too yuukie for you to deal with then what makes you think I want to see it? Dig a hole and cover when done! We all could stand to be better custodians of our precious planet.
    TW-Brian likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links