Some of my riding Vids....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Some of my riding Vids....

Cool Some of my riding Vids....

OK, so I've been testing my video cameras out, and couldn't upload them to YouTube. So, I found out I had to increase my file limit, which I just did. So here are a few for now. Not happy with the quality, but here goes for now. These are quick rides on some of the trails in my town. All closer than 1 mile from my house. These 2 areas are much bigger, and have yet to explore everything. In the last video, at the end, you can see me leave trails and right to my house. When I get the funds, I'll upgrade to a GoPro cam.

Wingnut, Fred, dogonit and 1 others like this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The area you live in is very cool also nice to have such a maze of trails so close to home.

Seems like your off road riding area isn't too far away. Fun close by!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good stuff Werloc thanks for sharing! I especially liked the 3rd one... The old train tressel section looked fun.

What kind of camera?

Im curious to know the camera too. I dont think the video looks bad, honestly you wont get much ore out of a go pro. I had a hero 2, didn't like it at all. quality was meh and there was no sensation of speed on bike videos. I sold that on ebay and bought a hero 3 black when that came out. had the same issues with that so i sold that too. I have a contour roam 2 that is much better than the go pro from a quality standpoint.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Allright Bob! Werlock's a Videographer. Pretty good riding in your neighborhood, I see why you have a TW. I always enjoy seeing other peoples riding areas. Now with a helmet cam you will soon teach yourself to slowly pan your head or figure out the #%^*£+^€£¥~ video editing software.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Here's the 2 camera's I used. First 2 videos are with Panasonic DMC-TS2 on left. 3rd last video was taken with Kodak Play Sport on right. I used the same class 10, 16gb memory card in both. I had the first GoPro Hero HD cam back around 2007, and sold it when I sold my Ducati. Back then, GoPro didn't offer editing software, so I had to buy Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 editing software. I had problems with that crashing my computer. My brother in-law has the new GoPro Black, and I think it's a night and day difference. I'd love to get one, then devote my fastest PC (have 3) for editing only. Clean all other software out, just edit software only. Maybe then, I won't have issues with it. This way, I won't have to worry about destroying the cam, due to branches, water, mud, etc. Put a 64gb card in it, turn it on while riding, and forget about it. This way I won't miss anything, and be able to edit, and just show the good stuff. Make a 15 minute video, out of 3 hours of recording. This was a hobby of mine back when I was young. Started with 8mm, then VHS when that came out. I had a VHS editing board, 3 monitor screens, etc. Made some pretty cool videos back then. With everything else, all lost in the flood. Anyway, I'd love to be able to do this again with modern digital technology.....

Last edited by Werloc; 09-25-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Fred likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Im curious to know the camera too. I dont think the video looks bad, honestly you wont get much ore out of a go pro. I had a hero 2, didn't like it at all. quality was meh and there was no sensation of speed on bike videos. I sold that on ebay and bought a hero 3 black when that came out. had the same issues with that so i sold that too. I have a contour roam 2 that is much better than the go pro from a quality standpoint.
    What setting was it on? I had the Hero HD (their first HD cam), and with it set to record on highest quality, it was awesome. Night and day from those I just posted. You loose some quality through YouTube, but it's a free way to host. It would cost me money if I hosted on my web site. At 2gb files, that's a lot of file transfer, and would get a bill at the end of the month. No way, free is for me.....
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    What setting was it on? I had the Hero HD (their first HD cam), and with it set to record on highest quality, it was awesome. Night and day from those I just posted. You loose some quality through YouTube, but it's a free way to host. It would cost me money if I hosted on my web site. At 2gb files, that's a lot of file transfer, and would get a bill at the end of the month. No way, free is for me.....
    Highest quality settings on both. take a look at the video below, taken with a hero 2 . Its ability in low light is just crap and there is no sensation of speed my hero 3 black was really no better they are like this on my pc, its not youtube. This was taken in the morning hours on a day with decent light but i was under the cover of leaves a little. I know how fast i was going after say 1:06 on the video. Can you tell? I don't think it was my camera specifically since i had multiple and others have the same complaints i do. In really good direct light they work well otherwise they leave a lot to be desired. I'm no amateur when it comes to photography and video so i don't think its just me either.

You will want to turn them up to 720P as youtube is defaulting to a lower quality.

Here is one taken with my contour roam II on the same bike but mounted to my helmet( i need to move the mount point some). This was taken in twilight hours and note the much better video quality and in this video it actually looks like i'm moving.

I personally was not happy with either of my go pros and i don't think i will ever buy another. They marketed themselves really well but there better options out there , contour, ION Air Pro that admiral has, Garmin etc. My only real gripe with the RoamII is the microphone. Its on the front and wind noise is a problem. I tried taping it, foam etc and nothing cured it. I ended up taking it apart and wiring a mic jack and using an external mic. The countour +2 has a jack already built in.

here is another in the woods taken with my roam 2
    Last edited by jb882; 09-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Hi Werloc: Definitely a documentary filmmaker in the making who keeps his head. A bridge cross beam would be somewhat painful. Much more than the small branch slaps I enjoyed on your vid. Watch the big ones though. I hate the danglies. Traffic though. What kind of world are we coming to. I have to remember to look. Great and keep it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links