Along the Matanuska Shore
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Along the Matanuska Shore

Along the Matanuska Shore

Video of a recent trip along the matanuska river and into the canyon. One of my favorite winter/fall/spring trips. With big cobble sizzed rocks this is one area where the atv front tire really improves the ride. Enjoy.

I still say you ride better with one hand than most of us with both arms.. Your vids. are like we ride next to you and become a part of the adventure.. "EXCEPT" the funny long stick between us. So relaxing. OMM.
    docjekyll2002 likes this.

I really enjoy the ride along> Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great stuff, haunting music. Interesting that you can ride across the Matanuska at low water level for surely that must be some raging river when flowing bank to bank. Quite a wide floodplain yet little evidence of flood debris high on the banks. This your ice skating route in wintertime?
    docjekyll2002 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Great stuff, haunting music. Interesting that you can ride across the Matanuska at low water level for surely that must be some raging river when flowing bank to bank. Quite a wide floodplain yet little evidence of flood debris high on the banks. This your ice skating route in wintertime?
    Actually I was riding across just a little side stream of it. The main channel cant even be crossed by a 4x4 rig. That day it was running about 2500 cfs. It can go as high as 25000 at flood stage. or as low as about 800 in the winter. What you saw me crossing was like 80 or 100 cfs near moose creek confluence. Theres actually a $#!T-ton of flood debris out there, I just forgot to film any of it. I rode past thousands of full length cottonwood logs and parts of destroyed houses and vehicles, a wildly destructive river. I think the plain is like 1/2 mile to 1 mile wide in most places. The river itself that day was maybe like 80 feet wide. When I was a little more ignorant about the danger, Ive skated the length of the river from King river to a couple miles out into the salt water. Most ice skating is not real dangerous, but due to alot of complicated things, and how dynamic and changing the river is in the winter, it can be super dangerous, and it would be real easy to wind up with a "Game over, no credits" situation. There are alot of areas safe to skate on it, you just have to know where the active flowing water is, and thats not always easy.

rbm
    Another awesome video, thanks! I may have asked previously, not sure, what knee/shin guards are you using? I like the coverage they offer.

I enjoyed riding along and a perfect editing job. Thanks
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Another awesome video, thanks! I may have asked previously, not sure, what knee/shin guards are you using? I like the coverage they offer.

Those shin guards rock! They are made by fox (forget the model name) and were like $75 locally at fish creek sales. Really comfortable and offer loads of protection against several types of injuries including patella injuries, debris hitting your shins, and some types of crush iinjuries if the bike falls on you. Plus they keep the front of your legs nice and warm (my knees shins are normally the coldest part of my body without them on. ) Really glad I bought those, feel naked and vulnerable without them.
    Fred likes this.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny-Wheel-200 View Post
    Those shin guards rock! They are made by fox (forget the model name) and were like $75 locally at fish creek sales. Really comfortable and offer loads of protection against several types of injuries including patella injuries, debris hitting your shins, and some types of crush iinjuries if the bike falls on you. Plus they keep the front of your legs nice and warm (my knees shins are normally the coldest part of my body without them on. ) Really glad I bought those, feel naked and vulnerable without them.
    Thanks! I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post

So I just looked on the tag, and those are Fox Titan Pro shin/kneeguards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links