Beyond the Mailbox, Riding in an Idaho Forest
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Woke up yesterday and discovered that it was pretty darn warm...so, I'll follow the lead of some of our forum members and take a quick spin. Gonna take the back way and try to find a cache I stopped at once already and couldn't. Did I mention that it was warm. I actually got hot and unzipped my jacket.

And today this....snowing! I knew the bad weather was coming, but snow!

So here is yesterday's, non-snowing, ride!

And one more thing. I might be stretching the truth just a bit about the Forest...but we can hope!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASCmC9l3NsY[/media]
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Woke up yesterday and discovered that it was pretty darn warm...so, I'll follow the lead of some of our forum members and take a quick spin. Gonna take the back way and try to find a cache I stopped at once already and couldn't. Did I mention that it was warm. I actually got hot and unzipped my jacket.

And today this....snowing! I knew the bad weather was coming, but snow!

So here is yesterday's, non-snowing, ride!

And one more thing. I might be stretching the truth just a bit about the Forest...but we can hope!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUnj1uSE7mE[/media]
    Rode the whole way with you...thanks. Better than not riding at all.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Oh boy Admiral do I envy you that ride, but enjoyed going along none-the-less. I wondered about Georgie but then, as usual, he managed to get into the picture. Tis about 20 below zero here, and, of course, snow all over the place. Gonna be about three months before I can even think of getting the TW out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Boy, that was GREAT! For those of us in the 'know', it is always steeper than it looks. Can't say much for your 'trees' but am surprised you stayed upright through all the muck and the trenches. Very fun video, THANKS. What happened to the sound?. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Great video, and liked the whole road sceneries....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTdub View Post
    I wondered about Georgie but then, as usual, he managed to get into the picture.

I think Georgie is a "photo hound", pun intended ha ha. Jumps off every time I stop, and the whistle pigs are out so she's thinks she can catch one!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Can't say much for your 'trees' but am surprised you stayed upright through all the muck and the trenches. What happened to the sound?.

I try to make the "tree-less" rides as entertaining as I can . Yeah, I threw a couple of the mud riding scenes in, and I will have to say, in the past, I've not always been upright all the time. There were a lot more mud obstacles out there, but I don't want my video's to get too long. On the missing sound. I haven't isolated the buzzing sound, but I thinks it's in the headlight dash area, so I reduced the sound a ton when I prepared the video. If you turn up your speakers, you can hear some of it. I left just a bit on, but not enough to annoy anyone so they would be scrambling to turn there sound down.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyWeb View Post
    Great video, and liked the whole road sceneries....

Thanks for watching. I think the handle bar mount video's do ok, but I'm gonna try to make a chest mount like you and mrgizmow, just to see if it makes much of a difference. When going slow, I notice that my handle bars go back and forth a lot, so I edit most of that out. If all else fails, when I get rich I might invest in one of those small helmet cams. But until then, the small Kodak easy-share camera will have to do.

Take care all.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sand Hollow?

Shadow,

Where is the heck is Sand Hollow, is what I presume you mean. It is the general area near the borders of Canyon, Gem, and Payette Counties, off Exit 17 I-84 between Caldwell and Ontario OR. If traveling west and you take a right off the exit, you will see a cafe and gas station at the stop sign (1/4 mile). That is the Sand Hollow store and probably was a larger community back in the day when traffic used old hwy 30 instead of the freeway.

Though I have a Caldwell address, I live about 3 miles in the opposite direction off I84 from the exit in Payette County. Fortunately, our place borders BLM land, which is convienient for quick rides when I get the riding itch. Lots of people come out and use the BLM land to ATV, shoot, motorcycles, and horseback. Dead of summer not so good as it's really hot, so I use it during spring and fall. Oasis Rd westbound turns into Pearl Rd, and Pearl runs through the BLM land over towards U.S. 95 and Parma.

I might not be awake enough to give a coherent response, not enough coffee, too much rum and coke last night, but here we go...Those of us from the east-side of the valley tend to call the entire BLM area off the Sand Hollow exit as "Sand Hollow." We go in the area you describe from time-to-time for shooting, off-road biking, and the such. Does that muddy things up? LOL

You got it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links