Rideing the trans wisconsin adventure trail
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here is a link to my T.W.A.T Ride. My link

Casper,

Very humorous ride report in that part of the country, good thing it is patrolled and protected by tanks and the Air Force.

You sure are a nice guy letting your TW "rest" so often, and after all the rest you let it have, it still had the nerve to bite you!

Normally, where I ride I don't have to worry about pirates, only bears. I too have had to avoid Bears on the trail/roads, but never had the camera ready for proof...so everyone thinks I am a liar!

TW with rage and fury eh? The only rage and fury I have experienced when starting the TW was when it had a dead battery, and not so sure it was the TW with the rage and fury!

Seriously, thanks for sharing your report and photo's.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Looks like fun. I'm going to get out near Ashland this weekend.

Owen

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that's a great riding and nice photo/sceneries.

How's your leg doing... looks not bad but felt hurting..

PS: nice bike setup, I wonder where did you get the side rack and panniers that looks lean and cool.

I made the siderack from 5/16 roundstock from the hardware store and the Panners came from Wardens Supply an on line army surplus store 39 bucks + shipping about 15 bucks!! The Topbox is a small pelican case I got free I spotted 2 of them in a dumpster outside a paint place. I think they were for gas meters . Wardens supply link http://wardenssupplyco.com/cart/

Hi Casper,

I really enjoyed your pictures and story-telling---Wisconsin (paricularly the hilly southwest corner) has got some really beautiful cycle riding roads, and I've also enjoyed the creative yard-art and great military displays that you noted.

I noticed that you were using a Garmin Nuvi for your adventure. I've been debating whether to get a dedicated "hiking/off-road" GPS or to make do with my Nuvi street models ( I've got a 760 and a 275T ). How did you manage to utilize your Nuvi---did you have to download Topo maps or something, or did the route points you obtained for the T.W.A.T somehow work with your street mapping maps? Did you have to fabricate your own mounting system for your Nuvi, or were you able to purchase one that works for motorcycling?

Thanks,

Corey
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

Casper, I grew up in a little village called Hazel Green, about 10 miles north of Galena. Left at the age of 18 for the Marines 23 years ago. I still get back ever few years and have ventured farther in my home state on those trips then when I lived there. If you really want to take a neat ride, do it in October when the leaves are exploding in color. May be a little cold but well worth the effort. If it were not so far from Washington I would load up the TW and travel all over up there. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I made the siderack from 5/16 roundstock from the hardware store and the Panners came from Wardens Supply an on line army surplus store 39 bucks + shipping about 15 bucks!! The Topbox is a small pelican case I got free I spotted 2 of them in a dumpster outside a paint place. I think they were for gas meters . Wardens supply link http://wardenssupplyco.com/cart/

Thanks for the link.

I'm seeing lots of good (possible accessories) stuffs for the bike riding ...

Great ride report !
    In search of another TW200

2003 BMW F650GS
    2005 BMW R1200GS
    1973 Kawasaki S-1
    1998 H-D Super Glide (garage queen)

Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates.

Arleigh Burke

I think it was Lake Superior instead of Erie you talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links