mrgizmows arduous adventure
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Boy, I will take my helmet is off and bow to all forum members that 'produce' a video. Capturing and posting a video can be pretty time consuming, but trying dissect a few videos in effort to complile enough pixels for an interesting presentation............. Good lord !

I went out for a 60 mile ride on Tuesday. Fooled with the video camera and took 6 videos ranging from 1 1/2 minutes to 9 minutes. The ride was 5 hours long. I spent almost 11 hours trying to edit it all into an 8 minute movie. At this point in my experience, I would say it is far more taxing than the ride. And for my efforts, I had to conceed to a grossly compromized product, the high point of which is likely hearing mrgizmow giggle "oh, bunnies". I need a beer......... Gerry

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OjHqZtjLlP4
    Take care my Friend.........

Thanks for the Herculean effort, Gerry. I sure appreciate the hours invested by those who post videos and captioned photos to develop this talent..... so that the rest of us might tag along as spectators in their favorite riding areas. Bravo!

Very nice video, and great trails to ride !!!

Wonder what was the final movie file format and frame size before uploading to YouTube??

The frame size looks 16:9 but file does not look like HD format, but still nice quality ??

PS: Subscribed you youtube channel. ^^;

Thanks for the sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Excellent. I really liked hearing the motor running softly in the background and your commentary over it. Now find some mines and old building or ghost towns.

Overall I enjoyed it. A little practice and it will get much better, but then who am I to criticize ? You are doing it, I am only watching. Tony
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Thanks for sharing Gerry. With yours and BusyWebs (and others), efforts to add video's, I'm leaning towards something I had not considered. Video's sure to capture the feel better than still photo's, but they both will always have a place.

I sure can appreciate the effort involved. I never did an actual count, but in my last adventure post of still pic's, I used 40-50 photo's and took 171. I thought it took me forever during the editing phase, I can't imagine the time it takes to edit video. When or if I evolve to add video, I hope I will have the patience.

Thanks again.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nicely done, Gerry. The arduous adventure part seems to be the video editing, not the riding. Can't say that I would have the patience.

Thanks for taking us along.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Nicely done, Gerry. The arduous adventure part seems to be the video editing, not the riding. Can't say that I would have the patience.

Thanks for taking us along.

jb

Yeah, thanks. I had to watch in two parts though, because in the middle I had to go for a ride.

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Thanks for sharing Gerry. With yours and BusyWebs (and others), efforts to add video's, I'm leaning towards something I had not considered. Video's sure to capture the feel better than still photo's, but they both will always have a place.

Thanks again.

Ditto for me! You two guys have really got my thinking about different possibilities, and I appreciate all the hard work that's been put into your productions---even if you don't feel the end product is "perfect" yet.

Corey
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

Giz, what brand of cam are you using?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I am very happy with the camera that I use. It is a Kodak Zi8. The unit is very small. Takes much higher quality pictures than you got to see, and seems very easy to use. My frustration comes with the editing software. At this point in time, I suspect the technology is very complex and any movie making software will likely test anyones patience. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links