Cleghorn Ridge Trail (photo slideshow video)
Close

Cleghorn Ridge Trail ride to share.

The trail is locatated in between Cajon and Silverwood Lake at the San Bernadino National Forest.

Total mailage (distance) was 15 miles.

And, the heighest elevation is about 5200 feet.

Clean air and very noisy-less spaces to joy.

The road condition and difficulties are about for me as dirt biginner.

However, there are few very chanllenging sections at the east side riding down to the Silverwood lake.

Steep down and deep ruts with big rocks (not gravels), so riding down from mountain is little tricky.

Many 4x4 trucks were on the trail, and they do really having fun out of the driving (not on riding). ha ha ha

Good sceneries which is hardly achieved by cages on the road.

I felt those cages moving on the freeway little poor when I was looking down them at the up above mountain.

This time, I tried to mount a camera (Kodak ZX3 Play Sport, waterproof and light weight) on the Helmet.

FAILED to achive satisfactory results out of it.

Camera takes good quality videos (HD) and still photos when it is on steady condition with good color saturation; but little warmer than others.

The body movement is transferred to the helmet and camera, and hard to get good stedy video shoots.

Leveling the camera also hard to be achived with this setup.

I put some poor quality video clips which I thought little be leveled better on the end of the video clips... ^^;

Next time, I will go back to Chest Mounting again, far better than helmet setup for me.

Here is some scenery slide show video clips.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WauCBxtwb8[/media]

Thanks for watching.

Cleghorn is literally my back yard if you or any of the locals ever want to come up here. From your original starting point you can go literally hundreds of miles in any direction and never see pavement if you have enough fuel (or know the jumping off points to get it), and know your way around.

Thanks for the video. I'm about to try a setup like yours or Gizmow's myself.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I really like how you put that video together. That was really enjoyable. Man, I wish I had places like that to ride. Stupid Chicagoland Thanks for taking us on your trip.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I don't think any part of the video was boring. Another nice job of editing. Very enjoyable. Thanks. Tony
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Cleghorn is literally my back yard if you or any of the locals ever want to come up here. From your original starting point you can go literally hundreds of miles in any direction and never see pavement if you have enough fuel (or know the jumping off points to get it), and know your way around.

Thanks for the video. I'm about to try a setup like yours or Gizmow's myself.

Thanks for the comments...

That's why those 4x4 trucks come up from the trails no where I know of ??? ha ha ha

I had to be careful to follow the my trail (2N47), whew...otherwise, I could end up very very hard rock climbing...

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    I really like how you put that video together. That was really enjoyable. Man, I wish I had places like that to ride. Stupid Chicagoland Thanks for taking us on your trip.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tony ( aka elime) View Post
    I don't think any part of the video was boring. Another nice job of editing. Very enjoyable. Thanks. Tony

Thanks for the warm comments... always.

PS: I tried the multiquote function at this reply, and works.. ^^

Sponosred Links