Lake Erie Loop.com
Close

Hello TW200 enthusiasts: I rode my 1990 TW 200 last year around Lake Erie with some friends. It is an organized fund raiser ride for children who have been burned. You can find out more at lakeerieloop.com I was the only TW rider there and I thought maybe some of you would be interedted in joining us this year June 10&11 2011. It is a ride through 4 States and one Canadian Province starting near Cleveland Ohio. Before I rode it I checked out this forum for advice and suggestions from people who posted on their rides. One reason I needed suggestions was because the ride is a non stop race around the lake! I have a Goldwing and haven't rode it 650 miles non stop and my friends wanted to do this ride. It was a lot of fun and we are doing it agian this year. Check out their web site for more info and I hope to see more TW's their. It is a very wothy cause. Happy riding. I'll try to post some pictures but don't see how yet.

www.lakeerieloop.com

i'm not able to go but i do live in the Cleveland area.. what are the routes? any freeway driving or is it all backroads?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    i'm not able to go but i do live in the Cleveland area.. what are the routes? any freeway driving or is it all backroads?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    correction: lakeerieloop.com

Hello Kevin: Sorry for the long delay in responding: Soon as I posted my Lake Erie Loop ride I went on vacation and just got back. Yes you will have to put your street tires back on because the quickest way around is the freeway. But there is no planned route and you can take any road or trail you find. Hope you checked out the web site for info. I rode it with trial tires and just a beaded seat pad on a stock seat. worked great. I also had a stock tank and stoped for 5 fuelings. we were not in it to win, just finish and support the cause. We did it in 12 hrs&12 min. We were stopped for about 3hrs with our 5 stops for gas and our 45mins to get over the Ambassidor Bridge in Detroit. Great people & lots of fun. Some do get real serious and go for the win. We had a guy come in from Denver determinded to win the 125 class, and he did. Tell your freinds and at least come on over the night before to see all the crazy biker dudes who do this event. It might just get you interested for next year! lakeerieloop.com

Sponosred Links