Northeast USA: NY, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, ME
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    With so many awesome ride photos / scenic views that I see in the pictures around here, I notice that they're mostly/all west coast USA and out of the country.. where are the northeast folks? Haven't you taken your bikes out yet?

Post your ride highlights, nice shots, whatever!

I'll start off with a pair from last week: it was quite nice that evening, so I rode some trails that end at the local river with some nice views. These are in far upstate NY, in St Lawrence County.

--

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

nice pics, thank you, all 50 states are beautiful in their own way as long as you are on a TW, not a cage.

Adventure Fishing.

Carr Pond, RI.

Little bit of a nice trail ride to get there. Had to try out the new collapsible pole.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NK283 View Post
    Adventure Fishing.

Carr Pond, RI.

Little bit of a nice trail ride to get there. Had to try out the new collapsible pole.

Nice! I don't have a collapsible pole, but was trying to figure out a nice way to put my trout pole on the TW the other day I think I got it:

Let me know if anyone wants better pictures: its a rubber-lined pipe/bar clamp, and a 1/4" bolt with a pair of washers and a pair of nuts. Nothing special: haven't tested it yet

Annoyingly, you have to take the outer nut off to remove the pole, as the clamp is a pretty tight fit, and my pole has a slight bulge on the cork grip at the bottom.. no room for a wingnut, or it'd be an easy fix.
    --

Nice pictures of the TW's by some scenic lakes/ponds. Nice to see your trying to inspire some folks on the "right coast" to post some photo's. So many great places to ride all throughout the Country, which many of us will not get to see.

Thanks for sharing.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Two more from today! Found a few nice little ponds, some nasty hill climbs, lots of miles of washboarded dirt roads, and some really excellent riding.

Definitely going back to these with a bit more daylight, a bit more fuel, and a bagged lunch!
    --

Very nice!! I live across the pond in Vt and just got my bike out not long ago.We still had snow banks :-)

Bob

hotanvil-forge

Hidden Content

2006 Suzuki S40//still own

1994 TW200,D2moto pegs/Jimbo cafe shield/rear cycle rack's rack/still own

1981 Kawasaki 305 CSRstill own/will be a Bobber

1977 Honda CJ360-T/now a Bobber/still own

1952 Triumph flat track 500cc/still own

1971 T100c 500cc chopper/still own

1992 883 Sportster

1965 Honda S90

1964 305 SuperHawk

1975 Yamaha MX 175

1974 Kawasaki 125

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    Very nice!! I live across the pond in Vt and just got my bike out not long ago.We still had snow banks :-)

Wow, man I was close to you last week.. wish I would've known there was a local TW rider, I was on vacation with

the family just up the hill from you at Smuggs, and they even opened 108 while I was there.. would've been a

great week for riding (even though its raining and in the 40s again)!

I'd also have loved to see your shop: looked at your site.. damn cool work.

Maybe I'll find myself out your way this summer.. on the bike

Just out of curiousity: have you rejetted your bike for the elevation in your area, or are you running the stock setup?

I'm at ~500ft at home, but was at/above 1200ft for the week and am not sure how much that changes things.
    --

82F today! In summary, that means skipping out of work early, dropping my crap at home and hitting some trails!

Had a chance to re-explore some areas that I ran out of light on during prior rides, clocked 15 miles on the TW with only about 2 being on pavement. Found a real north country gem, too:

Came down the trail with the railroad tie steps.. didn't go back up it (another day when I don't have to be home early) as I found another way out that hooked into another few mile of trails. Everything got so green and lush since the last time I was out that way.. I love it. Keep 'em coming, everyone!
    --

Did an enduro in RI this weekend. Passed 12 guys in the first 4 miles and then the carb float stuck.

TW went right up this hill, one of the few to make it.

TW loved the deep ruts in the mud. The wide tire hooked up and think I covered this guy with mud when I passed him before the stream.

Gonna try agian when I get this carb thing figured out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links