Close

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By sscooter
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By sscooter
  • 1 Post By sscooter

Thread: Swan Falls ride 2-21-16

Swan Falls ride 2-21-16

On Sunday the wife and I went out riding close to home. I of course I rode the TW and she on the ATV. Swan falls dam is located about 25 miles South of Kuna Idaho on the snake river. You can read more about the actual Dam here using the link http://history.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/uploads/reference-series/0068.pdf Swan falls powered the mining in Silver City which has been covered by the Admiral in a few different posts. The video was taken with my new Ion Air pro 3 and a GoPro hero 2 for the few of the different angle shots in the video. The total ride is about 26-30 miles round trip depending on the route you may take.
    [IMG][/IMG]

That is a really nice area to ride. I like your mix of video shots from the non-POV perspective seeing the TW and ATV go over the rocks. I may try that one day. Glad to see ya'll out and about. Maybe we'll get a ride in together this year.

I was there on one of my last rides last fall before shoulder surgery. I call it Clarks Ferry Flat. I'm sure the area isn't really called this but the old Clark's Ferry site is down there. I took the same route in & out as you did but I came from the east. If you have a chance to head out there again, continue further east and drop down off the rim into Rabbit Creek on the eastern end of Big Foot Bar. It's a short trail with a neat stone homestead house. We camped there a year ago at the house and came in from Grand View. Kind of an in and out as you can't make a true loop to Clarks Ferry Flat and back without a loop up on the plateau on the rim.

BTW, very late notice. We are riding the TW's this Sunday out near Lake Owyhee. Mrs. Admiral wants to get some miles ridden before Moab. There are some pretty nice easy 2 track trails/roads out there. If you two can come you can just let me know so as to expect you and not leave to early. Plan on riding around 1030 or 1100.

We are camping along the river somewhere (within sight of the road) and you know what our camper and horse trailer look like.

Thanks for sharing your video, I like it!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nice family outing. Sure looks dusty and dry for only late February.
    TWilight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    What happened to all the trees in Idaho ? No trees in this video.
    Well to be fair I think there was at least one in the 26 miles or so I rode I will post more videos later this year with some real trees. Stay tuned
    TWilight and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    BTW, very late notice. We are riding the TW's this Sunday out near Lake Owyhee. Mrs. Admiral wants to get some miles ridden before Moab. There are some pretty nice easy 2 track trails/roads out there. If you two can come you can just let me know so as to expect you and not leave to early. Plan on riding around 1030 or 1100.
    I'd say I would be there but it's my Sunday to work, have a good time stay safe.
    admiral likes this.

Sure is different from Mich. You can't toss a rock without either hitting a tree or landing in a lake.. Hmmmmm. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by old mad max View Post
    Sure is different from Mich. You can't toss a rock without either hitting a tree or landing in a lake.. Hmmmmm. OMM.
    Or a corn field or soybean or potatoes..........

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Sponosred Links