TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Trail Riding in California's Gold Country

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 · (Edited)
Spring-like weather is upon us and much of the Gold Country is melting with good run-off. Temps are nice before summer heat arrives. Time to start planning some adventures is now! Time's a wasting! Get out and ride folks,I don't care where. Just go some place interesting and have an adventure!
Here is another re-run teaser from my last camp trip in December upstream from the old mining town of Washington,CA. where they are still picking gold out of the river.
Seeing it makes me want to get out and ride again in good weather.

#2 ·
nice video fred, thanks for showing more of our beautiful west coast glory.

i do inquire about the interesting selection of videos that are offered for perusal after watching your ride.... ;)
Mode of transport Camera Technology Photography Vehicle

#3 ·
Much of the Gold Country is just riddled with single track motorcycle trails, some modern, many on top of old prospector's trails. Sometimes one finds large old mining machinery in deep canyons that leave one wondering about the effort to disassemble and haul such equipment in. Those miners worked hard!

#4 ·
These videos are but just a sample of the riding options soon available to the Nor-Cal Nutjobs should they want to plan a ride away from more coastal California. Many, many options available but these are just off the interstate a few hours drive from the Bay Area. Just trying to inspire a ride, don't have to wait for the snow to melt out of the high country

#7 ·
Camp-n-Ride is quite doable Adam, maybe after Moab. This was from just before Thanksgiving and I was camped on next ridge to the south at the snow line. Had snow not stopped me this road would have climbed above the gold belt and taken me to Graniteville and on to Bowman Lake, all awesome granite country.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.