Haystack Rock Loop Ride 2-28-16
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Haystack Rock Loop Ride 2-28-16

Haystack Rock Loop Ride 2-28-16

This was our pre-Moab shakedown camp & ride. Mrs. Admiral did great on her TW. It was a fun loop riding Haystack Rock rd. for the first time with some great overlook views on some side trails. Finally got to go through the old railroad tunnel with a good camera! Camper needs a new faucet. Otherwise, everyone and everything is about ready to go!

https://youtu.be/6uVmp3NTSxQ

Quick ride Saturday night after setting up the camper & unloading the TW's. I think this is the earliest in the season we have ever gone camping!

Next morning these Very Loud Geese announce my presence and break the morning silence in the canyon.

Spot this hot spring right off the road on my morning hike. Water was bubbling, me no touch! You can kind of make out the steam.

I found a geocache near the base of the rock to the left of this very large diameter irrigation siphon tube which goes under the nearby Owyhee River and the road.

The cache's hiding place. In the background you can see the road and river.

I think it was littletommy who wanted me to capture a photo of the contents of cache's. If not him or anyone else, I took the picture anyway!

View from the cache up river.

Here's the siphon tube on the other side of the road/river. Our camp spot is just to the left.

Next morning Wilbur poses for a beauty shot.

This was a shakedown ride. Had some camera mount difficulties. Mrs. Admiral ended up offering the fix so I could video the rest of the day. Without her fix there wouldn't have been any video.

More cowboy dreams. Old corral of yesteryear.

No snow but still cold enough you want to bundle up.

Our rides in the modern era

Next geocache and soon to be lunch spot.

Pinnacle Point Left-Center. TW's down below

Haystack Rock, namesake for the road we're on. It's to the right of Pinnacle Point in the above picture.

Found the cache. Note the Randle Handles!

Cowboys versus Dinosaurs!

Made a good lunch spot too!

To be continued
    Fred, littletommy, Bagger and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Georgie took a pretty good picture of you guys having lunch! Yes, it was me who likes the Geo Cache's. I find them very interesting. I like to see what is in them and what you add to them too. Thanks Admiral for another great post!!
    admiral and TWilight like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Gear up after lunch. You can see Mrs. Admiral's handwork on the temporary camera mount fix.

Interesting formations and colors in the rock.

Don't walk here in the dark.

Owyhee River Canyon downstream from the dam.

We'll ride back to camp on the road down yonder.

Another good ride as we head back to camp.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Can't wait to see Wilbur in person and see if that paint is as vibrant in person as in photos. That is one pretty pink piglet, Kris did darn good for painting with one arm in a sling!
    Fantastic that Lori is getting good on the TW too.

Does anyone else get a big smile when seeing these two love birds adventuring together?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

"You can see Mrs. Admiral's handwork on the temporary camera mount fix." - Should we be surprised that her solution was colored pink ? 100_2783 (800x600).jpg

Rather nice photo of your camp too! Imagine it captures the feel of the place. Looks idyllic if not chilly.100_2742 (800x600).jpg
    Last edited by Fred; 02-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    TWilight, admiral, jtstdub and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

wow Mrs Admiral........... you will never loose that bike, it will stand out everywhere!! you guys must have matched the colour to the colour of the tank bag. I was a little surprised to see a non-pink helmet. great pics, nice ride, wish I was there
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    wow Mrs Admiral........... you will never loose that bike, it will stand out everywhere!! you guys must have matched the colour to the colour of the tank bag. I was a little surprised to see a non-pink helmet. great pics, nice ride, wish I was there
    This un-pink helmet is one of mine. She did have a pink 1/2 helmet, but now wants one which has more coverage. She ordered a new helmet today but I can't remember what color she ordered.
    grewen, TWilight and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    I want to easily be FOUND by search and rescue when me and my bike crash over a cliff somewhere (or The Admiral pushes us). None of this not being found for years and years. Just think, if the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 had been pink I bet they would have found it by now!

The things you think of!
    grewen, littletommy and TWilight like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    This un-pink helmet is one of mine. She did have a pink 1/2 helmet, but now wants one which has more coverage. She ordered a new helmet today but I can't remember what color she ordered.
    I can only guess! because it was ordered and not off the shelf has to be a hint. a person will have to be careful on a bright sunny day, as how to look at you. I've had snow blindness but never pink blindness!!
    TWilight, littletommy and admiral like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links