Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By ColeChavies
  • 2 Post By Smitty Blackstone
  • 2 Post By mhomadness
  • 4 Post By Bucknutz
  • 4 Post By wrench-puller

Thread: Skills are the key to success

Skills are the key to success

My friend and I made a track on his land. Its no AMA course but its still fun. We cut a course out of tall grass with a lawnmower and my tdub's forks are still in the shop so I rode the little ttr against the dr200S and the nimble trail bike was so much faster in sharp turns that the only time the Suzuki got close was in a straight but I still won flawlessly 3 times. Has your bike ever done something as an underdog?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    06 tw 200 with drag specialties speedo, Daystar forkboots, tusk hand guards, tusk brake\clutch levers, pro taper pillow top grips

06 ttr125

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Yes. My TW is the only off road capable bike (except for the CT90s) I own.
    But it remains the favorite one I like to ride .

Underdog.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.

Has my bike ever done something as an underdog? YES! pretty much every time I take it for a ride it brings me home safe! For 200cc's it hauls my 200+ lbs. around with ease! Just two of the heroic things that bike can do! m.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeChavies View Post
    My friend and I made a track on his land. Its no AMA course but its still fun. We cut a course out of tall grass with a lawnmower and my tdub's forks are still in the shop so I rode the little ttr against the dr200S and the nimble trail bike was so much faster in sharp turns that the only time the Suzuki got close was in a straight but I still won flawlessly 3 times. Has your bike ever done something as an underdog?
    I think hauling my 235 lb ass out of the woods with a mature Whitetail Buck on my cycleracks rear rack qualifies. Rubber side down, Dave

Those little TTR125's are great, my daugther rode one for a few years. It was perfect for her on the trails and would go "almost" anywhere I would take my TW but didnt have the speed on the flats that she wanted so now she rides a XT225. Her TTR got a rear flat once way up in the hills so I traded her bikes and I rode hers back sitting on the gas tank to protect the rear as best as I could. Soon as that girl was off the hills and on the flats she was gone! She loved the increased power and top end of the TW over the TTR, but still says my TW is an "old man's" bike. Just remember that the TW will climb almost anything you will throw in front of it as long as you can hang on, trouble is that sooner or later you have to ride back down and thats where gravity takes over. Been there - tried that - LOVED IT !
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

I want to build up the ttr for performance but I think I'll just leave it stock for a play bike.
    06 tw 200 with drag specialties speedo, Daystar forkboots, tusk hand guards, tusk brake\clutch levers, pro taper pillow top grips

06 ttr125

Sponosred Links