• 16 Post By Mel
  • 8 Post By joeband
  • 8 Post By Mel
  • 4 Post By Rhodetrip
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Azxj91

Thread: After thoughts from Mel's Diner- Moab 2016

After thoughts from Mel's Diner- Moab 2016

I have many thank-you's to extend To many people for all the help in making this event a success on my part of fixing the meals.

First, to Twilight and Purple for there financial support in providing the campsite spaces (and much more) for Mel's Diner.

Twilight for all of the organizational effort that was put into this event along with all of the materials that he brought. You made it a success, Mike.

GHDave for all of his excellent help in cooking. Great Ideas, and great cook on the stove and BBQ. Thank you Dave.

Rhodetrip and Mrs. Roadetrip for all there help in cleaning and washing dishes. Jim and Lynn were the greatest help.

Plumbstraight for bring the log slab table that we used for prep and serving the meals, and a very nice propane BBQ for us to cook on. Thanks a bunch Randell!

SanDue, for the great pie and cake for Twilight's Birthday. Mostly Sue. Damn, they were good!!!!

EWB for the great cobblers for dessert several of the nights.

I sure don't want to miss anyone, so will say thank-you to all who stepped up the handle hot pots, haul the trash over and empty it each day, along with all of the other duties that were accomplished each day.

Mel

Golden Bolt.jpg
    you're a special guy mel. thank you.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I have been reminded, as I suspected, I would that I neglected to include someone in my list. I neglected to include Dan from SanDue for his involved part with the proper emphasis. Dan, thank you for "making Sue provide those pies that you bloody your fingers picking the berries and standing over her to get them made in time to get them on the camper.

Again, thank both of you, they were excellent, tasty, and I didn't let any of that pie go to waste!!
    Mel

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank YOU, Mel! You put in an unbelievable amount of time and effort to make Moab a success. It wouldn't have been much of an event without you. Plus, we met a real nice guy! Lynn and I enjoyed your company immensely.
    Also, GHDave, who really stepped up and helped. You went above and beyond, Dave, and it was a pleasure meeting and riding with you.
    Mike, it goes without saying. He put a lot of time, effort, and money into making it happen. So much for appreciation.

Most of the folks stood around with their hands in their pockets. Hope you had a nice time.
    SanDue, Mel, bananachunks and 1 others like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

"Thanks Mel" just doesn't begin to cover the appreciation many of us feel for his selfless contributions.
    bananachunks and TWilight like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "Thanks Mel" just doesn't begin to cover the appreciation many of us feel for his selfless contributions.
    Well said .....
    TWilight likes this.

Sponosred Links