Twilight Zone Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Twilight Zone Ride

Twilight Zone Ride

On the 18th, the last scheduled day in Moab, Mississippi Larry and I joined Twilight on what he called the "Twilight Zone Ride", a backcountry route into and through Arches National Park to visit several remote arches and have fun in the deep sand and some smooth sailing on graded roads. After that we rode back to camp via the more popular paved park roads.

This was my final ride with Mike before he was banned for allegedly somehow posting hateful things while simultaneously driving to Salt Lake City the next day with Mr. and Mrs. Trips sitting next to him without benefit of a smart phone or internet access (I have only seen Mike use an old school flip phone). We will never know the whole truth but the gossip leaves a bad taste. Glad I got one more worry-free adventure with two good riding companions, even if we were embarrassingly passed twice by a jogger in the deep sand. Mississippi Larry is a great guy and a rather accomplished rider even if he does put his feet out in the sand. He just needs a wider ATV tire to float through the sand like Mike and I.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-22-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

That looked like fun! Going up those steps it looked like Betty started to wheelie a couple of times.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Yep - looks like a blast.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good times, Fred. I should have ditched Mrs Trip at least once and ridden with you guys, but we ran out of time. We had to go looking for a FedEx box that morning anyway. Mike cracks me up at about 3:15... worlds fastest TW

admiral, Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Yeah, we were really clowning it up in fifth gear towards the end knowing that once on the Park roads proper we would have to slow down and behave like responsible adults. Fun ride. And yes indeed Elime, Betty was rearing up a bit on the steep ledges out by the Marching Men formation and Tower Arch. Your good high compression piston/cylinder and Plumbstraight's carburetor were a recipe for success.

These TWs are lots of fun in the backcountry. Sure we could have been on more sophisticated bikes traveling at warp speeds but the relaxed nature with friends is hard to beat. Certainly the quite exhaust levels allow joking back and forth between bikes while on the move.

Next get together I shall try to ride with more of you fine folks I didn't ride with last time. Yippee!
    Last edited by Fred; 03-22-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    amanduh, SanDue and Purple like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Great video Fred - nice to have a bit of "voice" in there sometimes, makes it real ........
    SanDue likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    On the 18th, the last scheduled day in Moab, Mississippi Larry and I joined Twilight on what he called the "Twilight Zone Ride", a backcountry route into and through Arches National Park to visit several remote arches and have fun in the deep sand and some smooth sailing on graded roads. After that we rode back to camp via the more popular paved park roads.

This was my final ride with Mike before he was banned for allegedly somehow posting hateful things while simultaneously driving to Salt Lake City the next day with Mr. and Mrs. Trips sitting next to him without benefit of a smart phone or internet access (I have only seen Mike use an old school flip phone). We will never know the whole truth but the gossip leaves a bad taste. Glad I got one more worry-free adventure with two good riding companions, even if we were embarrassingly passed twice by a jogger in the deep sand. Mississippi Larry is a great guy and a rather accomplished rider even if he does put his feet out in the sand. He just needs a wider ATV tire to float through the sand like Mike and I.

We did that loop in the afternoon of my first riding day. Think there was 8 or 9 of us and we rode it in reverse of what you guys did. Good times!

P.S. That was a funny comment when the jogger went by.
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Looks like great fun in the sun and sand! Beautiful scenery!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

That all looks incredible. I haven't found much good riding here in Indiana. Big park up north west of me; the Badlands at Attica. There's a few areas with heavy sand there. I need some more riding buddies in the area!
    plumbstraight likes this.

Fred, after seeing that ride with my carb and it not missing a beat, I am afraid after taking Miss Betty for a ride it will balk on mine when it gets home. By the way, take your time with it. I have lots to do before I get to the ignition issue on mine.
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links