Ecuador Freedom Andes, Amazon & Pacific 9 day tour
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Ecuador Freedom Andes, Amazon & Pacific 9 day tour

Ecuador Freedom Andes, Amazon & Pacific 9 day tour

I missed Moab 2016. I did the Andes, Amazon & Pacific tour instead. I cannot recommend this tour company highly enough. Trip of a lifetime in a country that exceeded all of my expectations. If you are thinking of such a tour, check them out and DO IT,

I keep my photos on SmugMug (no spam, no signup) and if you have any interest, my photos are here:

https://f-rider.smugmug.com/Ecuador-2016

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Those are my feet on the right!

ECUADOR FREEDOM BIKE RENTAL- Motorcycle Rental and Tours in Quito Ecuador
    TWilight, Weebles, JClark and 8 others like this.

I liked the Latitude sign. It looked very warm down yonder! Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nice photos, thanks! Was that a group tour or a self guided trip? Looked like it was a real good time. Food looks good, too!

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This was their Andes, Amazon and Pacific all inclusive a tour. I rented a BMW F 700 GS and the tour company provided the full itinerary, all meals, accommodations, admission to the various attractions that we hit and even afternoon snacks. There were only two customers but they were also filming for a promo video, so Adam & Becca, a really wonderful young couple who have the production company, were along as well. Wait'll you see their videos, with a drone following us overhead and Becca filming from the back of the truck with a stabilized, gimbal head video camera trained on us as we flew through some amazing canyons & scenery. The dailies looked amazing! One of our guides followed in their support truck and took great care of us as well as keeping us entertained. The lodges & hotels were amazing, located in the cloud forest, feet from the beach, on an Amazonian tributary or the top of an Andean mountain. Ecuadorans are very friendly and anxious to show you their country. Fell in love with the place, it's people and the "freedom" they enjoy down there, especially if you ride a motorcycle. Go anywhere you want, at whatever speed you want & pass police vehicles on double yellows. No hassles. Weather depends on elevation. In the cities and towns of the Andes, always around 65. Beautiful beach towns, always 80-85. Amazonia, well it's warm & humid. And lush. Almost everywhere. Lotta expats heading down there. And I can see why. I may go back in May for 6 weeks to a 2 BR, 2 bath condo for $20/night.

That looks like an amazing trip.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

thanks for sharing with us. i agree ecuador is beautiful, the people and the country.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Visit Ecuador

Just thought I'd kick this up a notch. As most know, Ecuador suffered a 7.8 earthquake on April 16 which kicked the shit out of the northern coast towns. They could use some help. They are bouncing back, though, as such countries and resourceful people do. The beautiful beach community of Canoa, which was one of the hardest hit, just had a surfing competition so, while many are struggling, they are still trying to continue their lives and their lifestyle. Don't be afraid to check it out. And the rest of the country, e.g. the Andes, Amazonia, Galapagos. was not directly affected by the quake. Take a trip. You know you want to. You won't regret it.

Chimborazo.jpg Tren Ecuador.jpg Galapagos.jpg Ecuador-648.jpg

Thanks for posting.
    Linda and I are thinking of doing a similar type trip in Africa summer of 2017.
    I'll add this trip to our places we want to visit.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Surprisingly affordable considering the degree of support and equipment provided, figured it would cost twice the listed prices. Sounds like one can show up with just the clothes on one's back and a medium loaded wallet. Thanks munchmeister.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for the info/idea it sounds awesome! Now who is going to do this with me? I am going to start planning now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links