It's Not Snoring if it's a Daydream Right?
Close

Like Tree34Likes
  • 15 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By wrench-puller
  • 1 Post By grewen
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 6 Post By Darth
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 6 Post By admiral

Thread: It's Not Snoring if it's a Daydream Right?

It's Not Snoring if it's a Daydream Right?

A statement, made by me sometime Sunday Morning:

It's gonna be in the low 70's today, but I have engine work to do on Mrs. Admiral's TW and shouldn't go riding. I'll check back in here later tonight and tell you how good my engine works.

I should be continuing the work on Mrs. Admiral's TW engine

But with the warm weather, I started to Daydream.

This is what I dreamed.

I dream't I rode to Paddock Reservoir. One could see the trail in the lower left leading to the earthen dam with the main reservoir out yonder with beautiful blue water

I dream't the reservoir was more full than I have ever seen it. Usually, the reservoir is much lower and I'm able to continue riding here

I dream't I had to turn around and ride back through one of the creeks filling the reservoir

I dream't I passed a Sheepherders wagon

I dream't of taking a shortcut. Could have been a shortcut in a different century...not sure!

I dream't of life on the Oregon Trail and how hard it was

I dream't I didn't have enough snacks with me

So, today I will put a lot more into finishing Mrs. Admiral's TW engine and a lot less Daydreaming!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

So you dream in color....that means your an artist? You also have very high detail pictures in the dream... thats good, but the no snacks - thats bad. The no snacks is about where I wake up and realize that I need coffee to go with the snacks, and by the forth cup of coffee there is no more day dreams...so its back to work.

Love the pics, pretty nice riding. Any fish in that there water?
    TWilight and admiral like this.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

What an imagination! good pictures also
    Last edited by grewen; 04-11-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    TWilight likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrench-puller View Post
    Love the pics, pretty nice riding. Any fish in that there water?
    I don't fish much but I saw a couple of fishermen near one of the boat ramps in my dream!

This is a couple years old but here is an Idaho Fish & Game report for the reservoir for the 2014 season. I don't think it was any better last year. There are reports of Crappie, Bass Bluegill's and "Trophy Bullheads"!

Idaho F&G: Unfortunately, Paddock Valley Reservoir was very low during late fall 2013 as it has been for the majority of the last several years. I would not recommend it as a good use of your valuable fishing time. The only exception might be the trophy bullhead population; as they have faired well despite low water levels. Due to the poor snow pack (80% of normal), we do not anticipate that this trend will improve during 2014.
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Love the Dreamers...always.

Like it or not...you Sir, are going on Facebook!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Love the Dreamers...always.

Like it or not...you Sir, are going on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    Kris; I too stole your pic to go with one of mine on FB as:

If a gang of horse "thieves" steals all your snacks while you are out riding in the Badlands

Attachment 28584

this may be your fate!!!

Attachment 28585
    Where ever the "Ghost Rider" ends up on Facebook, I'm sure it'll be funny!
    TWilight and grewen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Admiral, why did you need to take Wilbur apart ? Something going on ? Too many Pork Rinds ?
    Last fall I was in a hurry to see if Wilbur would run. He did but now I'm paying the price for the rush job...sort of.

Since put back together, it's been burning oil. I was gonna quick hone the cylinder and replace the rings. Elime mentioned replacing the valve seals since it was gonna be apart. I didn't know that and think it's a good idea to replace them too since I didn't know exactly what was causing the oil to leak in. And to top it all off it developed a base gasket leak, but that was preventable by myself. I re-used the base gasket which was originally on it to begin with but in my defense, I didn't expect the engine to run very well with all the pieces and parts from two different engines.

So, in between dreams, I'm getting doing some minor engine catch up repair accomplished. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to give credit to elime reminding me to lap the valves too. Kind of neat working on this stuff except during riding season. Mrs. Admial is chomping at the bit for me to get Wilbur up and running.

Sponosred Links