Big Foot Horse Corrals-Succor Creek Leslie Gulch Area
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Big Foot Horse Corrals-Succor Creek Leslie Gulch Area

Big Foot Horse Corrals-Succor Creek Leslie Gulch Area

Ride Invite.

Planning on going camping and riding the TW's this upcoming Saturday afternoon, staying overnight and riding Sunday. Not sure of our exact camp spot as of yet but have 2 thoughts in and around the area we're gonna ride. Succor Creek State Park Campground along Succor Creek or Dago Gulch just off Leslie Gulch road.

My plan is to ride down to Big Foot Horse Trap Corrals and hike/find some geocaches I've missed in the past. Also, ride Leslie Gulch road and possibly try to find the Steamboat Ridge Horse Trap Corral and geocache. Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch roads are the only roads I can guarantee are easy. The others are 2 tracks of varying degree of difficulty with some washouts and ruts quite possible. Sand not a big factor, but sometimes loose dirt can be. I also plan on doing some hiking where ever we camp at and at Big Foot Horse Corral.

If anyone is interested in riding or camping let me know and I'll try to decide on a spot. If I don't hear from anyone, then our camp area will be where ever we end up, meaning we'll drive around until we find a place.

Big Foot Horse Trap Corrals

Dago Gulch

Succor Creek area
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Ride Invite.
    I'm in. Oh wait, was I invited? If I'm not invited then I guess you're not gonna get fed..

That's a knee slapper! You so funny!ImaPoser.gif
    littletommy and Gerry like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I gotta move out west. There are so many beautiful places to ride!!!
    Mrs. Admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Wish I lived closer for I would surely be up for this ride. Looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    I've learned that Subways travel well and make for good TW trailside rations on those rocky Sierra rides, especially when wrapped as two halves.
    I've also learned that their little potato chip bags don't fare nearly as well.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-12-2016 at 09:27 AM.
    LuvNot and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I'm still thinking about it....you know me, never make a decision until the last minute. If I did come, I would want to camp at Succor Creek so I don't have to drag the Aliner all the way to Dago. Or I might bring the Grizzly too and tent camp if Louise wants to come. Latest forecast remains real good, sunny and highs in the 70's.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    I'm still thinking about it....you know me, never make a decision until the last minute. If I did come, I would want to camp at Succor Creek so I don't have to drag the Aliner all the way to Dago. Or I might bring the Grizzly too and tent camp if Louise wants to come. Latest forecast remains real good, sunny and highs in the 70's.
    Succor Creek is my first choice. Mainly because I want to do some early morning hiking on the other side of the bridge. You use to be able to ride over there and I was hoping to do that one day, but the it's closed to motorized traffic now, or at least crossing the bridge is. One day I'd like to see how close I can get to Succor Creek coming from the east on this road.

Dago is easy to get to, just farther. I'll only go to Dago if Succor Creek is over populated. We gotta have our privacy and space.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    .... I'll only go to Dago if Succor Creek is over populated. ....
    Which often happens on a nice spring weekend!!

My decision has actually come before the last minute this time ....I've just got too much yard work to take the weekend off. The vole damage to the lawn is horrendous this year....I've got about 40 bushels of dead grass to get out before it greens up any more.
    You guys have a great time.
    admiral likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Thanks for the heads up. Now I won't feel too bad if we end up at Dago or some other "hard to describe" place we changed too. If you were coming I would've tried real hard to stay at Succor Creek. Who know's we could get luck campground population wise.

Something for you to consider as it's closer to your home turf this summer. This July, we think (before the fires ), we are planning on a ride with Bodi, and because of travel distance for him, we decided the Stanley area as opposed to Elk City again or Burgdorf. My thought is the Cape Horn area because there are some easier ATV trails and the F.S. roads to Pinyon Canyon Lookout to Loon Creek. I've ridden our Mules on some of the motorcycle accessible trails and some of them are beyond my TW riding ability so I'll stick to some of the known easier stuff. Maybe even a loop ride coming out to Sunbeam. It's also possible we could camp north of Custer near 8 Mile Creek Rd (if this is exactly what it's called).

Just planting the seed for you or anyone else which may be interested later this summer.

Have fun with the voles and dead grass! Eeks!

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    Kris; one of the times I went back; I walked over to check out the bridge. I'm pretty sure you can still cross with a bike - and maybe even an ATV.
    I thought I saw a no motorized sign last time I was there, but if there ain't one...off I go!
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links